64 - What Will You Do For Love?

A/N - For the next few chapters, we are following things that are happening in a few places simultaneously so please keep an eye  on the times mentioned.

________________________

1.00 pm - Thursday

What will you do for love? What can you do to save the life of the person you love? Well, Taehyung didn't know about others, but the answer was very clear to him.

Anything...

That's why he was currently standing outside police headquarters, with a nervous but determined heart. He can do anything for his baby.

____________________________    

9.05 am - Thursday

"You want me to do what?!"

"You heard me, V. You have till sundown to get what I wanted or your little beauty will not wake up from his  sleep."

Taehyung looked at the watch on his wrist, it was just past 9 in the morning. He has roughly about 8 hours. But what that bastard was asking was unthinkable.

"I-I can't-"

"Hmm.. I figured you would say that. It's been close to 19 hours since that bitch fell unconscious right? Stay with him for one more hour, I think it will help you make up your mind."

"Jay, please..."

"Awww.... it feels so good to finally hear you beg, V.'' Jay's voice sounded giddy with happiness he was feeling over the other's misery. "But we are not at the begging stage yet. You have a lot more work to do before we get to that. I'll call you back in one hours time."

With that, the line went dead and Taehyung ran a hand over his hair in frustration. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself and went out of the little hospital garden he was in.

Taehyung was already dreading what might happen in one hour's time. Because with a psychopath like Jay, anything was possible.

About 45 minutes later, Taehyung was pacing in front of the ICU. He was not allowed to go inside and with the small round glass in the door, he could see that Jungkook's condition had not changed.

Suddenly there was a beeping sound, from both within the ICU and the nurse's station. Taehyung was pushed aside when a group of doctors and nurses ran inside the room. He was able to have a glimpse of what's going inside when the door opened and Jungkook was thrashing so badly on the bed.

"W-what's happening?"

Taehyung had never heard Yoongi speak in such a scared voice. The elder always had an intimidating aura and had never shown any fear or even a slight crack under pressure. But what was happening to his brother seemed to have shocked him to his very core and for the first time, Yoongi was absolutely terrified.

Jimin held his boyfriend's hand and tangled their fingers together. Although Jimin didn't know how he hoped to calm the other with that gesture, when his own hand was shaking so badly.

"I-I d-don't know." Taehyung answered in an equally shaky voice.

It was utter chaos inside the ICU. Two doctors had to hold Jungkook from both sides as another administered an injection. Jungkook's thrashing stopped after about a half a minute and the doctors took a breath in relief.

But that was before the monitor attached to Jungkook showed his heart flatlining.

___________________________  

10.10 am - Thursday

"So, did you enjoy that show?" Jay's smug voice came through the phone and Taehyung gritted his teeth in response.

But he didn't dare say anything. He can't afford to make Jay angry. Not when it's clear that he holds Jungkook's life in his hand.