35 - Thank You For Everything.

"Even though we have video footage of Red fox getting into that vehicle, we were unable to recover anything in the car in a recognizable manner so all three bodies will be sent to the forensic examiner. Luckily Tae had gathered enough evidence to compare so it shouldn't be a problem. Much."

Namjoon was speaking to his men, explaining the current situation and what to expect in future. Pretty much everyone involved in the case was there and some higher-ups were also present in addition to them.

"I know you guys had a rough day, well, the special operation unit here had a rough year actually, so go home and take a rest. You guys all deserve it. Thank you all for everything you have done. Guess that's it from my end. Does anyone else have anything to add?"

Namjoon looked expectantly at the few high level officers and then at Taehyung. After getting confirmation from them, Namjoon called for the meeting to be dismissed. Once the others left, Namjoon looked at his handpicked, special operation team members.

Kim Taehyung, the man of the hour. The one who risked his life, the one who sacrificed his body and sanity of his mind to bring down one of the most repulsive man people had ever seen. The one who dared to attempt the unthinkable. The Winter Bear.

Jung Hoseok, the person who had been assigned to observe, but never to interfere. He was stationed as the very last resort, only to act if there was an imminent and confirmed threat to Taehyung's life.

Park Jimin, the genius behind the computer program that enabled them to infiltrate Red Fox's computers and extract information without having zero contact with the user. It was such a clever idea to disguise it as a mobile game, all Taehyung had to do was to keep playing the game and any device within 3 meters distance would be at Jimin's mercy.

Finally, Kim Seokjin, Namjoon's husband. One of the best marksman Seoul police have. He was to run a cafe in close proximity to Red Fox's mansion to provide weaponry and means of escape, in case of an emergency. He was to gather any physical evidence, that Taehyung managed to get his hands on and pass it to the headquarters. Jin was both Taehyung's safety net and first line of assistance.

Namjoon looked around at these 4 men, who had spent close to a year in these roles, all working tirelessly for the success of one of the biggest covert missions of South Korean Police.

Jin was gently rubbing his arm with his other hand and it got Namjoon's attention. Namjoon had seen his husband only a handful of times in the past year and was missing him very much.

"Were you outside when the bomb went off? Are you hurt?" Namjoon asked in a soft voice and Jin gave him a small smile and shook his head.

"No, I knocked my arm against the cab door." Jin shrugged his shoulders. "It's cool."

Namjoon watched him for a few more seconds before turning his attention to the other three men, especially Taehyung and Hoseok. He didn't know how to start and luckily, Taehyung spoke up first.

"You do know that he's not dead right?" Taehyung asked in a tight voice and Namjoon sighed in dismay.

"Yeah, I figured as much. Do you have any idea where he might be?"

"Nope. We will not be able to get to him, now that he has slipped through our fingers. But don't worry, he will show himself. It might take a month or it might take a year, but he'll definitely be back."

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm sorry that we screwed up the end, after all that hell you had gone through."

Namjoon looked really disappointed with himself and Taehyung walked towards him and put his hand on boss's shoulder in a comforting way.

"Don't be ridiculous, Namjoon. You saved my life. We were literally minutes away from getting shot or tortured. Thank you for coming there ahead of schedule. I owe you our lives."

Taehyung gave a short hug to his boss while the other smiled a bit. The plural noun did not escape Namjoon's attention at all. It was very clear that Taehyung cared about this reven head a lot.

"So, tell me about this guy." Namjoon said in a soft voice while the other three people in the room smiled affectionately. "Is he Min Yoongi's brother? The head of Busan's Cybersecurity department was rather protective of him."

Jimin couldn't help but snort at that. Protective is one way to put it. Min Yoongi even hacked into a police officer's computer, just because he was caught snooping around Jungkook.

Taehyung gave a little laugh to his boss and explained who Jungkook was. He might have kept all the personal details and incidents out of that story but it was crystal clear how much the younger one meant to him.

"So he had no clue who you were?" Namjoon asked in a surprised voice and Taehyung nodded at that.

"Yeah. I mean he might know now if Min Yoongi has told him. But he didn't know anything before. It was a risky thing to get him involved in this so I didn't."

"Smart move. Or maybe not so smart, now that he's not on speaking terms with you." It was Jimin that chipped in this time.

His voice was half teasing and half concerned. He could guess how worried Taehyung is, with the careful way he talked with the younger one earlier.

"Yeah. I have a lot of explaining and apologizing to do, I guess." Taehyung said as he scratched his head with a nervous laugh.

"Well then, get out of here. All of you. Take a few days off." Namjoon said as Jin walked towards him. "Especially you two.

Taehyung and Hoseok gave a nod at that and they walked out of the room with Jimin.

"I'm gonna head home. My dog must have forgotten about me now." Hoseok said with a laugh and went away after shaking both Taehyung's and Jimin's hand.

"So, what are you gonna do now?" Jimin asked cautiously, although he knew the answer very well.

"I have to go talk to him, Chim." Taehyung looked wary about the thought. "I don't know whether he will let me but I gotta try.

Jimin gave a nod in understanding. "He didn't seem that angry. But I don't know, maybe he was just shocked."

"Yeah, I never meant for him to find out like this. I wanted to be the one to tell him, make him see my reasons."

"Don't worry, Tae. I'm sure he'll come around. I mean he's a police officer in training, he should be able to understand."

Taehyung ran his hand through his hair. If only things were that simple. "It's more complicated than that, Chim."

There was silence for a few seconds before they both hugged each other and parted their ways. Taehyung had already gotten the name of the hotel that Jungkook was staying with his brother, Min Yoongi.

Taehyung didn't have a vehicle at the moment so he took a taxi, the 15 minutes or so ride gave him enough time to gather his thoughts. No more secrets. He's going to tell Jungkook everything.

Taehyung just hoped that the younger one would give him at least a few minutes to tell it all and not close the door to his face. Cause frankly, that's what Taehyung would have done if he was in Jungkook's place.