15 - You Will Not Like What I Found.

V walked around in the small shopping area at a leisurely pace. His face was covered by a mask and a cap so no one should be able to identify him, unless they are very familiar with his physique.

Still, V was taking random turns into small alleyways as a precaution, in case someone was following him. When he didn't see anything suspicious, he went to a little payphone and dialed a number.

V had to wait for a few minutes and even redial before the other person picked up the phone.

"Hello."

"Chim."

"Damn!! I almost missed your call. I'm sorry, Tae, I was in the washroom."

V gave a small laugh at his friend's panicked and apologetic tone. "No worries. So, do you have anything for me?"

There was a slight pause from the other and V furrowed his eyes at that. A sigh was heard in the next second.

"I did. And you're not gonna like it."

"Tell me."

"Well, you were right to suspect your friend. He's definitely not who he says he is."

V felt a little nervousness in his heart. His gut feelings are normally accurate but he wanted it to be wrong this time. He wanted Jungkook to be an innocent, lost soul with no hidden agenda. But it looks like he is right once again.

"What did you find, Chim?"

"Well, for starters, his name is not Min. It's Jeon. Jeon Jungkook. A training officer at Busan Police Academy."

"Police?!"

"Yep. Born in 1997, Busan, joined the police Academy about a year ago. Currently on extended vacation due to personal reasons."

"Shit!! What the hell is he doing here?!"

"I'm not sure. But I do have a good guess. His younger sister, Jeon Yeri, was found murdered about 3 months ago. Body was dumped at a garbage site."

Chim gave the location and V felt his heart clench. That's one of Jay's usual spots. V didn't recognise the name but it's highly probable that it was one of Jay's victims.

"He's here for revenge." V's voice had a strange emotion and he could hear Chim give a small sigh from the other end at that.

"Tae, don't get involved with him." Chim's voice sounded concerned, with a hint of warning.

"I know."

"Tae.."

"I'm not gonna be involved with him, Chim. You know I can't."

"Well, what are you gonna do about him?"

"I don't know. He's reckless and stupid, Chim. He already broke into Jay's office. He will get caught in no time."

There was another few seconds of silence before it was broken by Chim.

"Shit!!" Chim groaned from the other end. "You're already involved with him."

V wanted to argue and deny that but the words got caught up in his throat. His best friend knew about him better than he did about himself. V cleared his throat and diverted the conversation to somewhere else.

"How did you find him?"

A light chuckle was heard from the other end but V knew about his friend to understand that it's not a happy one.

"It's the name you told me about. His overwatch teammate, Suga. And the surname Min."

"You know him?"

"I know of him. Min Yoongi is a legend in the IT field and the name 'Suga' is one of his known aliases. He currently heads the Cybersecurity unit at Busan police headquarters. I had to dig a little deep but was able to find a photo of him at Jungkook's high school graduation. Once I found the man's real name, it was not that hard to get the other details. But Tae.."

"Yes?"

"Min Yoongi is a genius. There is no way I was undetected when snooping into Jungkook's files. By now, he should have my full bio data in his hands."

"Oh.. will you be in trouble?"

"I don't think so. But if he and Jungkook are communicating, Jungkook will also know that someone is on to him. It'll surely make him act out even more recklessly."

V leaned his head on to the side of the telephone booth. He had to stop Jungkook. But he didn't know how.

After V finished the call with Chim, he went back to the mansion. He didn't see Jungkook but it was not surprising since their rooms are far from each other.

Jay is going to the club today so by default, V was supposed to be there too. It seemed like Jay had moved all his business talks and deal makings to the club, as it provides a perfect cover for all his partners to come.

V got ready in not so eye-catching clothes. He doesn't wear his special suits unless Jay asks him to do so. He doesn't want to draw more attention to himself, his face alone gives him more ogling than he would like.

The club was actually thriving under Jay's care. All the illegal stuff that's happening inside attracted the worst kind of people and in turn, it made a lot of money for Jay. V was walking down from the upper floor when he saw Jungkook walking up the stairs.

The younger boy was wearing one of his attractive suits, which means he's working with the VVIPs today, not in the office. He looked absolutely mesmerizing in tight jeans and a black flower printed shirt, which was tucked in to give more attention to his slim waist.

Jungkook didn't seem to notice V until they were about 5 steps apart. He looked up expectantly at V, probably waiting for him to make some flirtatious remark and his eyes furrowed a little when V didn't.

They both stopped when they only had one step between them, both subconsciously leaned on to the railing to give space for other people. Jungkook looked at V's face with confusion as the elder had a strange expression. It was not like anything Jungkook had seen from V before.

His eyes looked like they were screaming something at Jungkook but the latter could not understand it at all. The air seemed to be filled with a thick tension and a chilly silence, even though the place was blasting with loud music.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?"  Finally Jungkook spoke up,when he couldn't continue with this uneasiness anymore.

"Doll-" V looked like he wanted to say something but the words were not coming out.

The truth was, he was feeling sorry for the younger. For everything he had gone through, the horrors he must have felt when his sister was murdered. V was feeling apologetic and even ashamed. And he found it very difficult to meet the younger's eyes.

Jungkook watched as a range of emotions passed through V's face, although he couldn't understand any of it. Strangely, it made him worry about the elder man.

"V? Is something wrong?" Jungkook's voice was even softer, and he saw V tense a little at that question before breaking out of whatever trance he was in and gave a small smile to Jungkook.

"Oh.. nothing's wrong, doll."

Jungkook blinked a few times as V gave him a playful wink and walked away.

'Seriously, that man is getting weirder by the day.' Jungkook thought as he turned back to look at the man walking down the stairs.