42 - You're Not Enlisting In The Military.

Jungkook woke up feeling a hand, gently stroking his cheek. It was so unfamiliar and it startled him, instead making him get up to a sitting position. A hand restricted his movements, making Jungkook subconsciously struggle in panic.

"Hey, hey.. it's me."

As soon as that familiar, deep and soothing voice made its way into Jungkook's ears, he immediately stopped moving. Jungkook could recognise that voice anywhere. He opened his eyes to a dimly lit room but what caught his attention was the beautiful man sitting on his bed.

"Hey." Taehyung said again, in a soft voice and after the initial shock, Jungkook gave a small smile at the other.

"Tae..."

A deep chuckle sounded in the next second. Taehyung raised his hand and pushed back a strand of hair that had moved away from the crow's nest at the top of Jungkook's head. "I love it when you say my name like that."

Jungkook didn't say anything but just averted his gaze, while his ears started to burn. This much cheesiness is not good for the heart, especially just after getting up from sleep. He didn't necessarily hate it, Jungkook was just not used to that. It took him a few seconds to look back at the elder and that's when he noticed Taehyung's attire.

Taehyung was dressed sharply in a black trouser and a white shirt. He would have looked so hot only Jungkook didn't notice any of that cause his attention was more focused on the shoulder holster the elder was wearing plus the two guns in it.

Taehyung could see the wheels turn in Jungkook's head as the younger one gave him a serious look. "You've found him."

Taehyung gave a nod in confirmation and got up from the bed when he realized that Jungkook was trying to get up.

"How long was I sleeping?" Jungkook asked as he came out of the washroom that Taehyung had led him.

"About 7 hours. You were sleeping like a baby."

Jungkook scoffed at that. He had heard that many times from his hyung too.

"Did you get any sleep?"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows. "You don't remember me joining you in bed? I thought you woke up for a second."

Jungkook did remember. Only he thought he was dreaming. Wouldn't be the first time. Jungkook cleared his throat and looked straight ahead, pointedly avoiding Taehyung's gaze and ignoring his amused chuckle.

Taehyung guided them to the mission room that was buzzing with activity. Yoongi and Jimin didn't look like they had moved from their seats at all but everyone else was engaged in a fury of activity.

Namjoon was sitting at a computer, giving numerous instructions to a group of men who were standing behind him. Hoseok and Jin were there and Jungkook also recognised the faces of a few of others who were at the Taehyung's car bomb scene. Some more men were getting their weapons ready.

After getting the final instructions from Namjoon, the people who were part of the mission team went out of the control room. Hoseok gave Jungkook a friendly wave as he left and Jin gave a flying kiss, making Jungkook blush and smile shyly.

Jin laughed loudly at the younger's adorable reaction. After giving a nod to Namjoon, he left the room too. The only people left were Namjoon, Jimin, Yoongi, Jungkook, Taehyung and two other guys who were working with the comm lines.

Taehyung walked toward Jungkook and stood really close to him. Jungkook didn't want to say goodbye, after finally getting together but it was not how things work.

"Well, I'll see you later, I guess." Taehyung said with a forced smile, clearly trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah. It's not like you're enlisting in the military." Jungkook tried to make his voice sound relaxed but everyone noticed the nervousness in it.

Taehyung raised a hand and lightly stroked the younger's cheek. He didn't want to get separated from Jungkook too, but duty comes first. And anyway, he has a personal grudge to settle with Jay as well as a professional one.

"Stay with your brother and jimin." Taehyung said in a serious voice and Jungkook gently nodded his head at that. "I'll be back before you know it even."

After looking longingly at the younger for a few more seconds, Taehyung quickly walked out of the room too, not noticing that Jungkook was watching his retreating figure until it was out of sight.

The younger then slowly walked to where his brother and Jimin were sitting and took a seat behind them. Technically, he was not even supposed to be in there when an operation is being carried out but no one cares about it anymore. Jungkook was one of them now.

Yoongi saw how upset Jungkook was and spared a few seconds to ruffle the younger's hair. The gesture brought a small smile to Jungkook's face and he sat on the chair a little comfortably this time.

"Hmm... maybe I should have kissed him." Jungkook was actually talking to himself, but two loud voices answered him.

"Yes!"

"Yes!"

Jimim and Yoongi looked at each other for a second before quickly turning towards their computers again.

"I mean... uhh...." Jimin cleared his throat a little before continuing. "I'm sure it would have motivated him."

"Yeah. But now he will be more motivated since he knows that he can get that kiss when he comes back." Yoongi's teasing voice made Jungkook whine.

"Hyung!!" Jungkook flushed to a deep red color and backed further into his chair, while the other two lightly chuckled.

____________________________________

It was only about a 20 minutes drive from the headquarters to the location that was found by Yoongi. It's an office building and while they can't know the exact floor, the top two floors seemed to be a good guess as the owner of those is a known associate of Jay. The man in question was already arrested but there could be many others Jay can get help from.

The vehicles neared the building in an obscure way and everyone got out. Jin has to go to the neighboring building to use his sniper skills to the best. And also, he will be in a good position for a lookout as the targeted building has glass windows.

The rest of the team, led by Bambam, entered the building discreetly. Their aim was to reach the top floor without alerting Jay's men. You could say it was half way successful cause they managed to get to the top floor without being detected but were met with one of Jay's men at the reception there.

Kai, who was one of the people who managed to evade the police that day, was flirting with the floor receptionist. He had his back to the oncoming crowd so Taehyung didn't recognise him in time. And when Kai turned and saw Taehyung, he immediately went for his gun.

Bambam was faster, and Kai was shot between the eyes even before the latter could raise his hand and aim. Bambam's gun was fixed with a silencer but unfortunately, the receptionist girl did not possess such a quality. Her scream was loud enough to alert the entire floor, possibly even the floor below it.

Bambam quickly commanded the men to a strategic position and entered the floor. It was quite, too quiet, for about 30 seconds before a shower of bullets descended on them.

Everyone dived for cover and responded with fire of their own. As per Namjoon, it's better if you capture Jay's men alive and get them in custody but it's not a necessity at this moment. So it's really a free game for everyone.

Gun fight lasted for a few minutes. Taehyung could see a few of their people getting hit too but it was nothing too serious. But Jay's side suffered heavy casualties, mainly because Jin had been relaying their positions accurately for the team. He didn't shoot any yet, as he didn't want to compromise his location, but he had been a big assist for the fight.

There was a silence once the guns stopped and everyone held their breath and waited. And then there was a voice,  a voice that Taehyung hated with every fiber of his body.

"Long time, no see, V."