39 - We Are In Trouble.

"Someone had fixed a bomb in it to go off if the speed got reduced below 100."

Jungkook felt his heart miss a few beats at what he heard. He would have asked whether it was a joke but Jimin's voice was anything but funny.

"W-what?!" Yoongi gasped into the phone as he quickly glanced at Jungkook.

"Y-yeah.. we- I d-don't.. j-just-"

"Park, take a deep breath and relax.." Yoongi said in a calm voice, although Jungkook could not even imagine how the elder could be calm in a situation like this. "What's happening now? What's the plan?"

"I- w-we sent- we-"

"Park Jimin, focus! And tell me what's the plan."

There were no words from the other end but a faint sound of deep breathing could be clearly heard. Jimin spoke up after a few seconds and his voice was much steadier this time.

"We have dispatched a few men for assistance but we are still trying to come up with a rescue plan. The highway he's currently on extends a long way and Tae told us that he has half a tank of fuel also. We should have about an hour and half to come up with something."

"Okay." Yoongi answered after taking a second to register everything. "I guess there's no doubt who's responsible."

"Yeah. Jay called Taehyung earlier but the duration was a few seconds short so we were not able to trace back to a location."

"Hmm.. I'll look at it later but first, we need to figure out how to get him out of that car."

There was a pause before Jimin's hesitant voice was heard again. "Min?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

Yoongi just hummed in acknowledgement before disconnecting the line.

He then looked at Jungkook, who was driving with his face pulled tight. Yoongi himself was worried, he can only imagine what might be going through the younger's mind.

Suddenly Jungkook swayed the vehicle to the side a bit and pushed it forward till both vehicles were side by side. He rolled the passenger side window down, and looked at Taehyung, who was already looking at the younger one too.

Taehyung steadily kept the speed of the car at 105 and waited for Jimin and others to come up with something. He had already noticed the pickup truck that was following him closely when he got the call from his friend, explaining the situation.

Part of Taehyung felt happy because his baby was near but a much bigger part of him wanted the younger one as far away from this bomb. But then, he noticed the pickup truck getting closer to the side of his own vehicle and he looked at the driver. And his baby looked back at him just then.

They both couldn't stare at each other for more than a few seconds as both were driving at a rather high speed. But those few precious moments were more than enough for Taehyung to see the concern and worry in the younger's eyes.

Taehyung gave him a reassuring smile and mouthed a 'I'm okay' and he was amused to see the younger rolling his eyes at that.

Jungkook didn't do or say anything else and just drove his vehicle next to Taehyung's, giving the elder much needed company. Taehyung couldn't help feeling a tiny bit of gratitude for that bastard Jay, for creating such an opportunity to see Jungkook after so many days.

And it looked like they had a long drive ahead of them. It could be considered romantic, if not for Yoongi's third wheeling and the bomb in his car.

________________________________

Jimin, Namjoon and a few others were discussing various solutions when the guy from the traffic surveillance team that they had assigned to keep an eye on Taehyung's status, yelled out.