05 - Cat And Mouse. Or Is It A Wolf?

V was walking at a relaxed pace, with his hands inside his jacket pocket for warmth and he had his headsets blasting music to his ears too. He was off to his favourite coffee shop as he normally does every other Thursday.

He entered the coffee shop and the owner greeted him immediately.

"Hey V!! You're late today. I was wondering whether you were coming or not."

"Yeah, I got a bit late today. My boyfriend was being extra clingy today. He was not letting me go at all." V said with a suggestive wink and a unique laughter resonated throughout the shop.

A laughter that was strangely close to the sound of windshield wipers.

"Ha ha ha.. someone had got it good then."

"Yep."

"You'll have the usual, right?"

"Yes. Thank you, Jin hyung."

"No worries. Just give me a minute."

V gave a nod and walked to the far corner of the coffee shop. His usual table was empty, as it should be since Jin had put a small flag there with the word 'reserved'.

V just sat there with a book that he took out from his small bag and started to read. A waitress gave him his strawberry milkshake a few minutes later and he sipped a mouthful. A small smile came on to his face unintentionally as his taste buds tingle with his favourite.

Jin looked at V as the latter started to read his book with a peaceful aura. He smiled a bit before diverting his attention to the rest of the customers, letting V enjoy his day.

__________________________________

The Phoenix club is normally closed on Mondays and Thursdays. Jungkook desperately wanted to get out of the mansion but didn't, partly because he was not sure whether he was allowed to do so and partly because he didn't want to raise any suspicions. But in the evening, he met Jay at the mansion and the latter asked why he was staying indoors on his day-off.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders and answered that he doesn't have anywhere to go, downplaying the idea as if he was not interested in that at all. Jay was actually rather pleased with that answer and told Jungkook to just go for a walk and see the neighbourhood a bit.

He did suggest Jungkook to take someone else also since Jungkook is totally unfamiliar with the place but Jungkook refused, saying he will only walk around the block and Jay agreed with another laugh.

So today being Thursday, the second day-off for the week, Jungkook went out. He pretended to just walk but his eyes were taking in every detail of the surroundings. He went in one direction only and to his immense pleasure, noticed an internet cafe nearby. That was exactly what he wanted.

Jungkook walked past it without even glancing at the cafe. Jay seemed to be trusting him but he couldn't put it past that bastard to have him followed. Jungkook walked further for about half an hour before deciding to head back. He had a plan to go into the cafe on his way home.

Just as he was passing the cafe, he noticed something that made him stop in his tracks.

__________________________________

V looked up from his book at the sound of someone asking for a waitress. It sounded a bit urgent too. He looked around and saw that everyone, including Jin, was busy with something else. He got up from his chair and walked towards the table, which had 4 teenagers, two girls and two boys and one of the girls didn't actually look well.

"Hey, what do you guys want?" V asked in a cheery voice and the group gave him an unsure look in return.

"It's ok." V waved a hand with a smile. "They're all busy it seems. Tell me what you want and I'll get it."

"Thank you, mister. She's feeling a bit vomit-ish. We wanted to order lemon juice for her." One of the guys said with a hint of urgency.

"I'll get it right away."

V walked around the counter to the juice section and called the boy there. "Hey, there's an order for lemon juice. Can you make one urgently?"

The boy gave a nod and immediately started to make the drink. Everyone has seen V here and knows that he's friends with the owner so it was not an issue. V took the drink to the table and even waited a few seconds to see if the girl was ok too.

He then went to Jin and informed about it. Jin thanked him and V went out as it was anyway time for him to leave. V walked back at a leisurely pace, very much happy with how his day went.

But suddenly, V felt as if someone was watching him. It was the anxious and sort of paranoid feeling that you get when you feel that someone has their eyes on you. V didn't show any signs of noticing this and continued with where he was going.

And soon enough, he noticed that someone was following him. He could catch a glimpse of someone, a man, moving from cover to cover and seemingly pursuing him. V let out a smirk. He didn't know who the man was but whoever it was, he was way over his head. V was not someone you should mess with.

V walked ahead, now with a little skip in his walk as he was excited about this. This little cat and mouse game was one of V's favorites, where he pretended to be the mouse but in reality, he was a wolf.

He led the man toward a set of small shops and within a blink, he was hidden amongst them. V hid in a place with a clear view of the road so that he could see his pursuer, but not be seen by them. Then it'll be him who'll be doing the following. V waited for a few seconds but what he saw surprised him very much.

The man who was following him was his pretty doll, Jungkook.

__________________________________

Jungkook didn't even know why he was following V, as he normally tries to have as few interactions with the man as possible. But something about the casually dressed V, coming out of a coffee shop, spiked Jungkook's interest and he decided to follow him.

Jungkook was sure he was being discreet as V didn't show any reaction to being followed. At first, V seemed to be going back to the mansion but then he took a few turns and was led to a cluster of shops.

But then, something unexpected happened. V was within Jungkook's eye sight one second and in the next one, he was gone. Jungkook frantically tried to find him again but V was nowhere to be seen. After spending about a few minutes searching the place, Jungkook decided to give up.

He didn't even have a clear motive in following the guy but Jungkook was still disappointed. It would have been nice if he had discovered something that would give him the upper hand when dealing with that flirtatious asshole.

Inspired by a sudden thought, Jungkook walked back the way he came. He was engaged in his thoughts so much that he failed to notice the person who was following him now.

___________________________________

V watched in amusement as his pretty doll looked for him everywhere. Jungkook might not have any idea about this but he looked absolutely adorable with his mesmerising doe eyes, widened to the fullest and his mouth adorned with a little pout.

After a few minutes, he seemed to have made a decision and started to walk back. V of course followed him but stopped halfway when he realized that Jungkook was heading towards the coffee shop. Looks like Jungkook wanted to try some digging at the coffee shop.

V couldn't help but laugh out loud and few people gave him a weird look. But V couldn't care less. He actually felt bad for Jungkook as the younger one didn't have any clue what he was up against. Jin hyung will eat him alive if he walks in with questions about V.

V really wanted to witness the scene between Jin and Jungkook as he was sure it'll be a sight to see. But there was something else that he wanted to do, now that he knows the younger one will be out of the picture at least for another half an hour.

It's time to do some digging on his own too.