11 - Everyone Has To Pay.

Jungkook was in a really bad mood today. He could barely focus on his work and to make it even harder, it was one of the days that he would mingle with the VVIPs. A day he was craving for the solitary of his small office room, where he can hide and pretend that the world isn't a horrible place. But instead, he's put on the front row of a shitshow.

He might have had that charming smile on his face but his heart was aching so badly. He watched as people got wasted and did vulgar things to each other. Jay had provided everything for his customers. Alcohol, drugs, girls, boys… as long as you have money, you can buy whatever you want here.

You can simply walk to the bar and get an illegal substance of your preference, just as easily as you order a glass of liquor.

Jay's girls and boys who are selling their bodies, all have a thick red string with a rose tied to their arm, so that the potential customer can distinguish them from the normal clubbers. You can grab them as they pass by, like how the frogs catch up flies. All you have to do is to pay the right price and you can have a satisfying night.

But that is of course, for the lack of a better word, the honorable way. Both parties know and consent to what they are doing, one does a service and the other pay for it. Everyone's happy.

The real horror happens in the private rooms upstairs, that Jay has facilitated for those who prefer a…  different way. Such as getting a girl, who is half out of her mind and barely conscious with the influence of drugs or alcohol, and spend a fun night. For the customer that is, not necessarily for the girl.

You can simply point them to one of Jay's many thugs, give thrice the usual amount, and they will drag that poor girl into a private room for you to satisfy your sick needs. The only way they come out of that room not traumatized for life is if they were too intoxicated to remember anything.

And then there are people who would not even bother to look for a room and do the deed right there on one of the sofas, or in washrooms.

Jungkook's heart was aching, looking at all the young girls who are getting their lives destroyed here. It might not have been mentioned on the board outside, but for many people inside, this is hell.

But Jungkook has seen this everyday, since the day he joined Jay's business. Then why is today different? cause today is a special day for him and the horrors that he's witnessing right now, hit him on a personal level.

Today is Yeri's birthday. His baby sister would have been 22 today but unfortunately, she's no longer here with him. And it's all that bastard Jay's doing.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

Jungkook still remembers that night when he got the call from Seoul police, informing about finding his sister's body near a garbage dumping site. It was about a day old, naked, barely recognisable, and the post mortem examination discovered the list of tortures done to her.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

It didn't take a genius to know that she had literally gone through hell. Jungkook made a promise to himself that day that he would uncover what had happened to her. Which is why he's here, working in this demon's hellhole. And he will bring Jay down, whatever it takes. 

By the time the club closed for the day, Jungkook was so exhausted, physically and emotionally. He didn't know what to do and that's when he saw Hoseok cleaning the bar. Jungkook walked to him and took a chair.

Hoseok looked at the man in front of him and even though he had no clue what was going on in Jungkook's mind, he could clearly see the pain and turmoil inside his heart through his eyes. Without saying anything, Hoseok gave him a drink, which the other took gladly.

Jungkook sipped his drink, his mind going to the time he spent with his sister and remembering what he lost. He hoped that his brother will be doing whatever the rites for her soul as he's not able to do those while he's stuck here. His brother is the closest to a family Jungkook and his sister have.

Suddenly, someone sat on the chair next to him and without even looking, Jungkook knew it was V. And surely enough, a deep and flirtatious voice sounded in the next second.

"Hey doll, done with work?"

Jungkook gulped the rest of his drink and gestured to Hoseok to give him another one. He could feel V's burning gaze on him but today, he didn't have the energy to bicker with the man.

"Please V, not today." Jungkook's voice was barely a whisper but V heard the desperation in it clearly.

And by the look of it, so did Hoseok, who had just poured the second drink into his glass. They both shared a look of concern before V jumped down from his chair and leaned closer to Jungkook.

"Hey, you okay?"

Jungkook noticed the difference in V's voice. This was the man who saved him from getting murdered the other day. This version of V, who for some fucking reasons that Jungkook doesn't know about yet, seemed to care about him.

That should count for something. It really should. But like Jungkook said earlier, not today.

Jungkook drank the next glass in one-shot and gestured to Hoseok to make him another one. But this time Hoseok didn't give him one and looked at him with concern.

"It's morning now. You should go and get some sleep." Hoseok said in a soft voice and Jungkook chuckled darkly at that.

"It's always dark in hell, Hoseok. What difference would it make whether it's morning or night?" Jungkook asked with a humorless laugh and pointed at the bottles again. "Please give me another drink. Or better yet, give me that bottle."

Hoseok sighed and poured a drink into his glass. But when Jungkook ignored the glass and reached for the bottle, Hoseok backed out of his hand, making Jungkook frown in annoyance.

"Doll, I think you had enough drinks." V said in his deep voice but Jungkook scoffed and tried to reach for the bottle in Hoseok's hand by leaning over the counter.

"Jungkook, that's enough!!"

Jungkook's body was pulled forcefully and pushed on to the chair again. V turned the chair around a bit so that he could look at Jungkook's face and the latter stared back with a stubborn look. His movements were rough but when he spoke, V's voice was very gentle.

"Hey, what's going on? Talk to me."

Jungkook looked at the man in front of him for a few seconds. A small part of him, the part that had begun to trust V for a tiny bit, wanted to tell him everything. Wanted to get everything out of his chest and confide in someone cause it was hurting so damn much.

But the other part, reminded him of V's position here. He's Jay's play toy, one of his trusted men, if not the most trusted one. V's also part of the set of people who are responsible for his sister's murder. And Jungkook will punish each and every one of them.

He turned and emptied the glass calmly before getting down from his chair. Then he looked at V, straight in the eye and sneered.

"Fuck off!"

With that, Jungkook walked out of the bar, while the other two watched him go with concerned eyes.

But the thing was, V and Hoseok were not the only ones who were watching the raven head leaving. Kai was finished with his work and was just about to go when he saw the interaction between the three.

Kai hated both V and Jungkook. He didn't have any particular emotion regarding Hoseok as he barely knew the guy but that was not the point, right? He couldn't stop the giddy feeling or the smirk.

Looks like he has some information he would very much like to pass on to his boss. Jay is very controlling and protective when it comes to his toy, V. Maybe Kai and others will get a chance to have some fun with Jungkook after all.