27 - Is He Really That Important?

Okay so ignoring Jungkook was proving to be easier said than done. V is currently sitting in the bar, with Jungkook sitting next to him, both of them avoiding each other's gaze. Hoseok was looking back and forth at both of them, with a confused look on his face.

"So..." Hoseok started with a cautious voice, making both Jungkook and V look at him. "You two good?"

Jungkook scoffed loudly while V looked a little uneasy.

"No, actually we are ignoring each other." Jungkook answered with a sweet smile.

Hoseok looked at V and raised his eyebrows. Ignoring each other is definitely the best thing to do right now, if only V can manage to do that. But Hoseok knew about V and knew that there's no chance of that happening.

"Ohh.. okay." Hoseok replied as he looked back at Jungkook after giving a pointed look to V.

"Should be for the best right?" Jungkook's voice sounded angry, with a hint of frustration mixed in it.

V sighed loudly and looked at the younger for the first time. "Doll please..."

Jungkook gulped down the non-alcoholic drink he was having and got up from the seat. He didn't look back at least once, not knowing that V stared at him until he was out of his sight.

"So.. what happened?" Hoseok asked again and V gave a sigh in response.

"Jay." V simply said and it was enough for Hoseok to guess what might have happened.

"You knew it was dangerous, Tae. Maybe it is for the best."

"I know that. But.."

"But what?"

"I just... can't, Hobi. He's... I don't know... he's important."

Hoseok looked around to see if anyone was listening in on their conversations. It'll be more than their lives worth to have someone eavesdrop on this. But luckily, no one was paying any attention to them.

"Tae... you've worked so hard. Don't risk everything for a mere fling."

Hoseok had an inkling that Jungkook might be something more than a fling but he wanted to know for sure. And the eye roll and the little sigh that V gave in response was enough to confirm his suspicions. Jungkook was, indeed, important.

___________________________________

Jungkook was startled to hear the knocking on his door this late at night so he opened it only slightly, just enough to see the person standing in front. To his surprise, It was V, and before Jungkook could think properly, V forcefully pushed the door a little more and entered the room.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked as he gave the elder annoyed look.

"Jay's suspecting us."

Jungkook's annoyed look vanished immediately and it was replaced by one of concern. He quickly walked towards the elder and stood in front of him.

"How do you know? Did he say something to you?" Jungkook's voice was on full alert now.

"Yeah. He...uhh... threatened me."

Jungkook went and sat on the bed, with his head in his hands. This is what he was mostly worried about. He couldn't go back yet cause he hadn't made much progress with what he came to do.

If he was honest with himself, he would have to admit that taking revenge for his sister was not the only thing on his mind lately. V had been a distraction, a major one, and Jungkook was actually ashamed of himself for that.