54 - Murder Plans?

"Hey Kim!"

Taehyung turned around in his seat at the sound of his name and saw his good friend, Park Seojoon, a prosecutor at the Seoul District Court walking towards him. He got up from his seat and greeted him.

"Park, are you here for Lee's case?" Taehyung asked as he gave a half hug to the other.

"Nope. A drug bust downtown. Hyunsik got the Lee case."

"Oh.. I haven't seen him in ages."

"Tae, you saw us last week." Seojoon chuckled and looked over Taehyung's shoulder to see Jungkook and others of his team. "Hi guys!"

A chorus of 'hi's and 'hey's sounded as everyone greeted the prosecutor. Jimin discreetly glanced at Jungkook while the latter gave a warning look in response.

Taehyung had gotten friendly with a team of prosecutors at the Seoul District Court when they worked a case together. Jungkook wasn't exactly jealous of this friendship but he is not much of a fan of Taehyung spending his time with the group.

He of course hasn't said anything to Taehyung and is perfectly polite and friendly when he met with them so no one knew about it actually. That was before a certain blonde noticed the subtle eye rolls and tongue in cheek movements Jungkook was doing whenever Taehyung was seen with his prosecutor buddies.

After exchanging a few more words, Seojoon left for his work. Taehyung sat down on his seat with a small smile but it soon fell when he noticed Jungkook's face.

"Koo?" Taehyung asked in a questioning voice but Jungkook shook his head.

He gave a soft smile to the younger one and Jungkook returned one too. Jungkook knew he was being rather stupid with this and he'd be damned if he let Taehyung know about his jealousy thoughts.  

____________________________

Jungkook was coming back from the photocopy room when a pretty girl stopped him.

"H-hi. I'm with the prosecutor's office. Can you tell me where the meeting rooms are?" The girl asked in a timid way and Jungkook gave her a soft smile.

"Sure. Just go along this corridor, take the second right, go straight from there till you see a-" Jungkook could see the girl looking at him with lost and sort of scared eyes. "-you know what, let me just take you there."

"You will?! Oh my god! Thank you so much." The girl said with a relieved sigh, making Jungkook chuckle a bit.

"You're welcome."

Jungkook walked ahead and the girl followed him closely before speaking up again.

"I'm Son Chaeyoung."

Jungkook looked back at the girl who seemed to be blushing a bit. "Jeon Jungkook."

"I'm so sorry to bother you, Jungkook. I recently joined the prosecutor's office and prosecutor Seojoon asked me to bring a file, a-and I don't know where to go cause this place is huge and-"

Chaeyoung stopped talking and gave a sheepish grin to Jungkook. "I'm sorry, I tend to babble a bit when I'm nervous."

Jungkook didn't say anything but gave a small smile, indicating that it was okay. They reached the row of rooms that are reserved for the lawyers or prosecutor to talk with their respective offenders. Jungkook stopped and looked at the girl.

"Here we are, you can find the room by the name on the display board."

"Thank you so much, Kook." Chaeyoung said with a grateful smile before she realized what she had called the other. "Oh... I'm so sorry, it's just that I get friendly with people quickly. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."