68 - A Promise For Eternity.

It took about a week for Jungkook and Taehyung to get discharged from the hospital.

Taehyung had an internal bleeding in his stomach and he was rushed in for an operation soon after getting admitted to the hospital. The beatings he took were severe but luckily, nothing else was broken. He was advised to have complete bed rest for three days.

Since Jungkook received the antidote extremely close to the end, his body had multiple complications. Some of his organs were on the verge of shutting down so it had taken some time to get back to normal. Jungkook had to use a ventilator for breathing assistance for two days and bed rest for the next few days.

His body was still weak but he had begged Taehyung and others to take him home as he was getting extremely bored at the hospital. So after a lot of discussions and restrictions, the doctors agreed. Jungkook was not allowed to do any work that would even remotely tire him. He had been given medical leave for a month.

But unfortunately, Taehyung had to get back to work after two weeks. Namjoon would have been more than happy to give him a longer break but things at the office were getting out of hand.

Without Taehyung and Jungkook both, there was only Hoseok to lead the team. It was somewhat bothersome when they had to split or tackle multiple places simultaneously. So Taehyung was asked to come after two weeks, leaving Jungkook alone in the house, which he of course didn't like at all.

Jungkook ended up spending the remaining two weeks at the headquarters, sitting with Yoongi or Namjoon's office. It was kind of disheartening for him to watch others busy themselves with work, but it sure beats staying at home alone.

Taehyung got a formal warning from the police commissioner for his actions but since it was only a pretend betrayal and considering the fact that a fellow police officer's life was at risk, he didn't get any other punishment.

Namjoon and others decided that it was better to keep the information about Jay's involvement strictly confidential. Hoseok and others might have gotten in trouble for his murder otherwise. Lee Minho was a casualty of the gun fire so they had made the records to look like he was the one responsible for everything.

Seojoon and Hyunsik had requested to be appointed for the case and they had made sure to not leave any trail of Jay in their investigation too. Jay had simply died three years ago. That was the end of it.

Minho's informants, there were two of them, were arrested the same night too. Minho's call records were retrieved and it only took little effort to identify the moles. One of them was a new recruit to Yoongi's team but the other was a member of the neighbors unit. He had been hiding right under everyone's noses. The guy had some financial difficulties and Minho had managed to buy him using that.

Things had fallen into their proper places after about a month, with work being handled successfully, missions being carried out without any glitches. 

Everything was exactly as it should be.

_____________________________

8 months later...

"Oh for fuck's sake, hurry up!" Yoongi grained in a frustrated way, making Jimin look back at him with a pout.

"Just a little more, hyung. He'll be ready in 2 minutes." Jimin answered as he put the final touches of makeup on Jungkook's face.

"Hyung, help me!" Jungkook's voice was muffled as he couldn't speak properly because Jimin was running a makeup brush over his face.

Yoongi gave a sigh and grabbed Jimin's hand to stop. He gave the other a look that clearly said 'that's enough' and Jimin stepped back with a huff. Yoongi was about to say something when a knock was heard from the door. Hoseok peeped his head in next.

"Guys, it's time."

Jungkook got up from his seat and fixed his suit a bit, not that it needed it. He looked at the mirror and assessed himself. Perfect. He knew he was good looking but today, thanks to Jimin's efforts, he looked even more handsome.

Fitting thing, really.

Because today, he was getting married.

He walked confidently towards the huge decorated hall, where he knew the love of his life, Kim Taehyung, is waiting for him. He stopped just outside the door and looked at Yoongi, who was already looking at him with a soft smile. Yoongi extended his arm to Jungkook and the younger held it gently.

Then the door was opened and the first thing Jungkook noticed was the prettiest purple flower decorations and soft lights. But that was only for a mere second cause the next second, his gaze fell on to the man standing at the end of the path between the chairs.

Kim Taehyung, looking absolutely stunning in a gorgeous black suit. He already had his gaze fixed on Jungkook while his face was adorned with the most beautiful smile Jungkook had ever seen. In short, Kim Taehyung looked like the incarnation of an angel.

Jungkook walked at a slow pace. Well, he would have ran to Taehyung with the speed of light if not for Yoongi's arm. After what felt like an eternity, Jungkook reached to where Taehyung was standing. The latter extended his hand, on which Yoongi placed Jungkook's hand.

All his friends were there. Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon were standing next to Taehyung while Jimin and Yoongi took their place next to Jungkook. After the official part was done, it was time to say 'I do'. Jungkook felt his eyes tearing up a bit with the way Taehyung was looking at him when he joined their hands together.

"I do."

"I do."

The tears that had gathered in Jungkook's eyes spilled onto his cheeks when Taehyung leaned towards and kissed him. The kiss was soft and slow, not at all like the rough and demanding lips that Jungkook was used to in the past 4 plus years. And he knew exactly why that is.

This kiss was a promise. A promise that said Jungkook will be loved, treasured, and worshiped for the rest of his life.

A promise that said that he will always have a companion, in good times as well as bad times, in sickness and in good health.

A promise that he will never have to walk alone. And that he will always have a guiding hand or a protective shadow, whichever Jungkook needed at that moment. Or walking side by side, taking the same steps with the exact same tempo.

A promise that he will always have a shelter in whatever the storms that will come in life, let it be for his body or for his heart.

A promise that whatever the hardships he may have to face in life, this hand and this heart, will always belong to him.

His husband, Kim Taehyung.

And Jungkook kissed back with the same promise, sealing it for eternity.

From here on, he will be Kim Jungkook. In name, body, mind and soul.