69 - Guardian Angel.

"Tae.."

"Hmm..?"

"I'm so happy.."

Taehyung softly smiled before bending down and kissing the cheek of his husband. "Me too, baby."

They were sitting by the fireplace, watching the flames dance to a silent music. Taehyung was sitting on the sofa, with his back leaning on to the arm rest while Jungkook sat between his legs, his back pressed on to Taehyung's chest.

Jungkook had his head resting on Taehyung's shoulder while the elder ran his fingers through Jungkook's soft hair. The sounds of the nocturnal birds could be heard from time to time, reminding them that they are not in the busy city anymore.

Taehyung and Jungkook had picked a jungle resort for their honeymoon. The place is provided with individual cottages which are from various walking distances from the main hotel. For people who like to enjoy nature, can go for a one further away. You can get absolute privacy there but the down side of it is that you need to walk a bit for every lunch and dinner. Breakfast has to be pre-ordered and gets delivered to your cottage.

Taehyung and Jungkook of course, got the furthest one. Who cares if you had to walk a bit, when you can let yourself be as wild as you can.

They had come to this place in the evening and straight away had a meal before coming to their booked cottage. It was a waste to get out in a few hours again when they could use that time for.. much better activities.

They had a wash and were just relaxing by the fireplace since they were a little tired from the journey. And anyway, they had 4 days here, why rush?

"You know, you looked so pretty yesterday." Taehyung said in a soft voice and Jungkook scoffed playfully at that.

"Me?! What about you then? You looked like an angel." Jungkook answered with a stubborn voice, not giving any chance for Taehyung to win this one.

After their wedding, their friends wanted to party till morning. So they all were going from one place to another, all night long. When they finally reached home, Jungkook didn't even remember how he got on to his bed. They were so tired and slept through the morning, before coming to this place. So the first night as husbands, is yet to happen.

Taehyung chuckled a bit at that. "An angel? I think you might be a little biased here, Koo."

There was silence for a few seconds before Jungkook spoke up in a soft voice.

"I thought of you as an angel the first time I met you too."

Taehyung turned his head to give a confused look to the other. "First time? At Jay's office?"

"No." Jungkook's answer came as a little more than a whisper. "The night before. When you covered me with a quilt."

"You were awake?!" Taehyung asked in a surprised voice and Jungkook rolled his eyes at that.

"I told you that I planned to meet Jay that day at the club. I was only pretending to be drunk."

"Yeah, but.." Taehyung definitely remembered Jungkook saying that. He just hadn't thought about things that well.

In his defense, so many things were happening at that time that he barely had a moment to think clearly. And after everything got sorted out, they didn't talk about Jay at all, unless it was in a professional capacity. Jungkook tilted his head a bit to look at Taehyung's thinking face.

"He was about to.. touch me. I was panicking so much, not knowing what to do." Jungkook shuddered as he remembered and Taehyung instinctively wrapped his hands around the younger one.