67 - The Other Side Of The Story.

10.20 am - Thursday...

"Tae?"

Taehyung turned back at that sound to see Yoongi and Jimin's concerned gaze on him. He looked down at the floor, trying hard not to break down.

"Hyung.."

That one word was enough for both Yoongi and Jimin to understand that something is terribly wrong, much more than they already knew. Yoongi quickly walked to Taehyung and sat on the chair next to him.

"What happened?" Yoongi asked in a soft but urgent tone and Taehyung gulped down a sob before telling them everything.

He told them about the phone calls, Jay's involvement, the truth about Jungkook's condition, everything. Yoongi and Jimin listened without interrupting. They couldn't believe that bastard was alive. Finally Taehyung told them about what Jay's asking in return for Jungkook's life.

"But it won't do any good, hyung." Taehyung looked at them desperately. "I know very well about what kind of a bastard Jay is. He doesn't honor agreements. There's no way in hell he will let me have that antidote."

Yoongi nodded his head at that. "I think you're right too."

"But how can we get Kookie's cure then?" Jimin voiced the worry all three of them currently had. "We only have 12 hours!"

All three of them sat in silence as they thought about what they could do. Finally, Yoongi spoke up.

"Okay, this is what we're gonna do. Tae, you will go to the head office and pretend to copy the files. I will-"

"No hyung, it will not work. Remember, we have a traitor in there. We don't know who it is so we can't take a risk. Everyone has to believe I really betrayed the country."

"Okay then, let's do it like this. You go to the headquarters and copy those files into a pen drive. I will give you another pen drive with similar files but with fake data. I will set it to get deleted in half an hour, just as a precaution. When you're out of sight of everyone, switch the two pens but make sure you leave the pen with the original files in a secure place. We don't want it getting into the wrong hands."

Taehyung gave a nod in confirmation. So far, this part was feasible. He will make it work, somehow.

"I will have a program in the pen that will allow me to take control of whatever the device they will plug it in, cause I'm pretty sure Jay will not let anyone else see it. Once I have access, I will trace your location, and details regarding Kookie's antidote."

Taehyung looked at the other with hopeful eyes while Jimin had his eyes wide open in surprise. No matter how many years he had known Yoongi, the cyber god's capabilities still seem magical.

"But shouldn't we let the guys know too? What if they try to stop you?" Jimin asked in a worried tone but Taehyung shook his head.

"It's best if we don't, Chim. You know Hobi can't keep a straight face while lying." Taehyung said in a meek attempt to lighten up the mood. "And you know how much overacting Jin hyung would do."

A light chuckle passed between the three of them, worries pushed aside for a few seconds. Then it was back to reality.

"Hyung." Taehyung waited till Yoongi gave him full attention. "Don't come for me unless you're hundred percent sure that the antidote works. Don't come till Kookie opens his eyes."

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows at that. "Why? You would be in danger once Jay realized that the files are fake or gone."

"I have to take that risk, hyung. What if you got the wrong one and had to check some other place? It's game over when you come to Jay's place for me."