38 - I'm In Deep Shit!

Jungkook and Yoongi were coming back from finishing some shopping. It was not for clothes but rather for some high tech equipment that Jungkook neither knew the name of or the purpose. The entire shop was so high tech and Jungkook couldn't help but stick out like a sore thumb.

He just couldn't understand why his brother wanted him to accompany him while he shopped, when Jungkook could use that time to do something more productive. Like sleep. Or actually go shopping for some much needed clothing items.

Jungkook had noted that his brother was being extra clingy these days but then again, Yoongi had always been rather overprotective of him. Or maybe he just needed a driver to take him around Seoul, cause that's what Jungkook had been doing for the past few days.

Yoongi was checking some of his newly purchased equipment when suddenly a beeping sound came from his MacBook. Now if you think of Yoongi as Zeus, this MacBook would be his thunderbolt. His weapon by which he rules over cyberspace.

Jungkook glanced sideways at Yoongi when the latter gave a frown after checking that alert. He pressed a few keys in quick succession, his frown deepening with every second.

"Hyung?" Jungkook called tentatively. "Is something wrong?"

"Your friend Taehyung is acting really strange." Yoongi answered as he pressed a few more keys.

Jungkook felt as if a bucket of cold water splashed all over his body. 'Taehyung acting strange?'

"W-what do you mean, hyung?" Jungkook could barely speak, for some reason, his throat felt extremely dry.

"He just violated 2 red lights-" Yoongi paused for a second before correcting himself. "-make that 3 red lights. He's speeding."

Jungkook couldn't explain the reason but something was not right. He could feel it in his gut. He will not be able to breathe peacefully without checking it. And if it turns out to be a false alarm, well, nobody needs to know about him panicking like this right?

"Which way?" Jungkook asked through gritted teeth and Yoongi spared him a quick glance before answering.

"Opposite direction- what the!!"

Yoongi swore loudly as Jungkook took a sharp U-turn, making few cars from the oncoming traffic to scatter all over the road to avoid a collision.

Jungkook didn't even spare the other vehicles a thought as he stepped on the gas pedal and the pickup truck shot forward. His face tensed as he skillfully manured the vehicle to move forward at a rapid pace.

"Tell me where to go."  

________________________________

Jimin turned his gaze away from his computer and looked at his phone on the table when it started to ring. The caller ID was Taehyung's so he answered immediately with a bright smile.

"So you finally remember your friend-... what?! Oh my god!!" Jimin quickly got up from his seat and ran towards Namjoon's room. "Just hold on!"  

________________________________

Yoongi didn't know where Jungkook learned his driving. Actually he did know that since he's the one who took the younger for his lessons but he didn't know where Jungkook learnt to drive like this. Cause man.. he's good enough to be a professional rally car driver.

The route Taehyung is currently on was a highway leading out of the city. It took some time for Jungkook to pass through the traffic and get on to the highway but once he did, he doubled the vehicle speed.

Within mere 20 minutes of intense and reckless driving, Jungkook managed to spot Taehyung's car, steadily speeding across the deserted highway. Yoongi and Jungkook shared a look of confusion as there was no other vehicle in sight, Taehyung was just speeding on his own.

A thought suddenly came into Yoongi's head and he dialed a number.

"Park, is something wrong with your friend's car?" Yoongi asked in an urgent tone and the immediate response from the other end was a loud gasp.

"H-how do you know that?" Jimin's voice was shaking with some unknown emotion and Yoongi realized that something was seriously wrong.

"We are right behind it. Why is he speeding like that?"

There was a moment of silence before Jimin answered in a small voice.

"Someone had fixed a bomb in it to go off if the speed got reduced below 100."  

__________________________________

About half an hour earlier....

Taehyung was just coming back from his apartment hunting. The one he looked at just now seemed ok-ish but it was a little away from the headquarters. Taehyung is currently staying at a house provided by the police, thanks to Namjoon, and he wanted to move out of that place soon.

He had looked at about 5 places before this and he always managed to find some fault with them. His mind had been in chaos for the last few days. Part of it is because of the trial procedure that was happening with Jay's people and another part of it is because of Jungkook.

His doll hasn't spoken with him still. Jungkook refused to answer the phone whenever Taehyung called him or even Yoongi and Taehyung didn't want to impose on the younger man by going to his place again.

Taehyung didn't know what to do anymore. Yoongi had told him to give Jungkook some time and that's what Taehyung had been doing for the past few days. But his heart was constantly in pain because he missed the younger. And he is worried sick trying to figure out whether Jungkook will ever forgive him or not.

Taehyung moved out of the high traffic area and gradually increased his car speed. His deep thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. Taehyung quickly glanced at the number and noticed it to be an unknown one. He answered nevertheless and felt his breath hitch to his feet by the voice at the other end.

"Hello, V.."

There was a few seconds of silence while Taehyung considered what to say.

"Jay.."

"How are you, V? Or should I call you Kim Taehyung now?"

"No, V is fine. And I'm doing good."

Taehyung didn't know what Jay's plan was but he needed to keep him on the phone as long as he could. He had already activated the tracking app Jimin had installed in his phone, a minute more and he'll be able to get location.

"Not for long.." Jay said with an amused laugh. "I left a little something in your car, as a 'thank you' for all the time we spent together."

Taehyung felt a sudden uneasiness at the Jay's words. What did he mean by that?

"There's a bomb in your car, V. If you reduce the speed below 100, it will blast. It would have been so easy to just kill you, but I wanted you to suffer first. I want you to feel helpless and weak, to try so hard to live and then finally give up. Enjoy the last few minutes of your life, V."

The line got disconnected and to Taehyung's dismay, it was not long enough to trace a location.

Taehyung looked at the speed meter and saw that the needle was hovering around 105. Luckily, he's just about a minute away from the highway leading out of Seoul and once he got on to that, it'll be easier to maintain the speed. He can think of a plan after.

He called Jimin and waited for a few seconds for the call to get connected.

"I'm in deep shit, Jimin."