Chapter 7

I look around not seeing anyone until I catch movement out of the corner of my eye from behind a bush. I hurry to find my keys to get into the safety of my house. My hands shake as I try to put the key in the door. Im suddenly grabbed by the shoulder and turned around.

"Thank god it's just you, you scared the crap out of me!" Carson and Nolan stood in from of me casually with their hands in their pockets.

"Why are you here?" I ask curiously, they don't really have a reason to be here.

"Silver sent us to keep a eye on you until he gets here." Nolan says while scratching the back of his neck.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me," Carson whines.

"Okay, let's get inside." I say ignoring Carson.

The first thing I do when I open the door is going up to my room and change into a pair of comfortable shorts and oversized t-shirt. When I walk back downstairs I find Carson going through my refrigerator looking for something to eat and Nolan was sprawled out on the couch flipping through the channels on the tv.

"It's not polite to starve your guest you know." Carson says as soon as he seen me.

"What do you want?" I ask taking out cereal for myself.

"I'll have..."he says pretending to think for a minute "food." He says finally. Since he didn't give me a straight answer I'm just going to make him cereal as well. He walks into the living room and sits on the couch next to Nolan.

When I'm done with making our bowls I give Carson his and keep one for myself. I sit on the ground in the space between their feet.

"Give me the remote" I say reaching backwards and held my hand out for the remote. He gives it to me and I turn on Netflix.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask not really caring what we watch as long as its not scary. The only scary show I love is The Walking Dead and it's a sleepover tradition for Lily, Sam, and me to watch it together. We decided on Big Daddy.

Halfway through the movie Silver arrived. "You guys can leave now,"

"But I don't want to leave." Carson whines.

"Leave," Silver demands but they stay put.

"But-" Carson starts to say but it soon cut off by Silver.

"Leave" He demands agin and they hurry out the door mumbling goodbye's to me on their way out.

"Goodbye," I say sending them a small wave and smile. I stand up and sit on the couch with my legs pulled up in the middle seat. Silver sits on the other side of the couch.

"Why did you send Carson and Nolan to watch after me?" I ask the question that's been on my mind.

"I had a feeling that you were followed by my dads men." He says with honesty in his voice.

"Why would you care?" I ask quietly.

"The guys are getting attached to you." He says nonchalantly, for a minute there I thought he actually cared. I stay quiet and continue watching the rest of the movie. I stand up and put Carson and I's bowl's in the kitchen. I don't expect him or the guys to care about me, I don't expect anything from them.

I walk back into the living room to go up the stairs "Im going to bed," He nods his head and goes back to search for something to watch.

When I open my room door my room is dark, but I don't remember turning them off. I walk in and close the door reaching for the lights but my hand hits a body. The person grabs me and pushes me up against the wall.

"You listen here little girl and you listen good. If you don't stop hanging around 'them' everyone you love, care about, or even merely acquainted with will fall one by one in front of you, we will keep you alive until everyone you care about die's and then you will be next in line. We're keeping tabs on you, also your friends Sam and Lily, and we can't forget about your little ol' Mom and Dad." The person says in a rough voice, I already have tears streaming down my face. I don't care if anyone threatens me or hurts me but when it comes to my friends and family it's a whole different story.

"We already know everything about you, like your real father walked out on you and your Mom before you were even born, that you have been friends with Lily and Sam since you were babies, you have never been in any kind of trouble, that your-" The man is cut off by Silver bursting through the door and throwing the man off of me to the ground.

Silver drags the man down stairs while I crawl on top of my bed and bring my knees to my chest. I cry harder thinking about what could happen to my family and friends. Silver comes back merely seconds later, sits on my bed, and pulls me into his embrace. I hug him like my life depends on it. In those minutes we shared with him mumbling words of safety I realized I have to stay with them. The last thing I thought before passing out was that I've already made my decision.
_____________________________________________________________
This chapter is dedicated to @Anahsascute94 for making an amazing book cover!

As always Comment, Vote, and Share!

-Your Geek,
E