Chapter 37

It's been a week sense Owen left and I am done with crying. I'm sick of it. I've Skype'd him multiple times, just to see his face. Silver said that he needed to talk to me today, so we are going to our rooftop to talk. I've been waiting all morning for him to show up to get me but so far there has been no sign of him.

I walk downstairs to get something to eat for lunch when I find my parents in the living room.

"Hey!" My Mom says from the living room. I smile at her as I walk into the kitchen. I can't find anything to eat so I settle on what you can never go wrong with, a sandwich. I make my sandwich then grab a can of Dr. Pepper. I take the food back to the living room to watch TV. When I'm done eating I put the plate away an head upstairs back to my room.

I reach my room and open the door to find Silver laying on my bed acting nervous. I shut my door and walk over to him. I sit on the bed, ready to go.

"Ready?" He asks me sounding nervous.

"Yeah," I tell him and he stands up, holding a hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me close. I close my eyes knowing what's to happen next. Silver dances across my eyelids, when it disappears I open them. We are now on the rooftop like he said he'd take me earlier.

He leads me over to the ledge and we sit down. I've never seen Silver nervous before, it kinda scares me. He messes with my hand, drawling patterns with his thumb. Looking up at me he takes a deep breath.

"Grace.." He starts and I stay quiet.

"I'm leaving." He tells me, searching my face for a reaction.

"When?" I asks him.

"Today." He tells me his eyes look teary.

"When are you coming back," I ask him.

"I'm not," He tells me and my eyes get watery.

"Why do you have to leave?" I ask him, starting to cry. Tears rush down my cheeks and I don't try to stop them.

"If I stay it won't be fair to you, I can't give you what you want." He tells me reaching out to wipe my tears.

"You don't get to decide what's fair for me! You can give me what I want, I only want you!" I scream at him pulling away crying harder than I've ever cried before. He pulls me close to him and I'm too overwhelmed to pull away. He can't leave me, I won't let him. I love him.

He shushes me, kissing the top of my head. Telling that it will all be okay, but I know the truth, it won't. I may have only known him for a short amount of time but he is one of the most important people in my life .

"It won't be okay," I tell him hitting his chest repeatedly. He cups my cheeks with both hands making me look at him.

"I'm only doing this because I love you, as long as I'm here you will never be safe." He says making my heart melt but at the same time break. He kisses me and I kiss him back almost immediately. We pull away from each other, both of us breathing heavily.

"I love you too, if you really love me then why? Why are you doing this to me?" I ask him, looking him in the eyes. A tear escapes his glassy eyes, he brushes the loose strands of hair that are sticking to my face behind my ears. He shoves my face into his chest and hugs me tightly.

"I can't stay here knowing that every second I'm here you won't be safe, I can't. I can't watch you get hurt because of me." He tells me his voice sounding watery and breaking at the end.

"Don't you see? Your hurting me more leaving than you would be staying." I say my voice sounding muffled.

"I love you," Is the last thing I hear from him before he leaves me alone on the rooftop. I hug myself and lay on the ground, letting Silver fill my thoughts. My cry of pain is the only sound I can hear, it drowns out everything else in my world.

Nolan's P.O.V.

Max tells me where Grace and gives me instructions to go take her back to her house. I leave our base in a hurry, when I find the rooftop he was talking about I hear crying. I walk closer to find Grace laying on the ground, broken, he broke her. I've never in my whole life have wanted to beat Max's face in as much as right now. We warned him of what would happen if he leaves and he ignored us.

I pick up her slouched body and she cries into my chests. I take her back to her house and lay her on her bed. I hold her close to me wishing I could take her pain away. Grabbing her phone I look for her friends phone number. I hit call and on the second ring it answers.

"Hey. Grace!" The girl from the other line says.

"This isn't Grace, this is Nolan, Owens friend. You need to get to Graces house." That's all I tell her before ending the call.

_____________________________________________________________

Next chapter is the last! I'm sad that it is but I think that my work as a writer is done with this book!

As always Vote, comment your opinion, AND SHARING IS ALWAYS CARING!!

-Your Geek,
E