⪼ Prologue ⪻

The beautiful melody of the piano echoed in the silent room, it was pretty, it was beautiful, it was... heartfelt, it sounded sad for some reason, like the song was crying, the melody was crying like the pianist was crying... It was indeed a mysterious melody, with lots of emotions in it, you can cry listening to it, you can feel sad while listening to it, you can feel empathy for the pianist while listening to it, and you can get reminded of your worst past, your sad past, your amazing past.

Either way, it was emotional.

It was sentimental.

"Yoongi...?" A voice called out, interrupting the beautiful melody but it doesn't matter since it never stopped playing, the person who called out Yoongi sighed, It was like that person was used to it but also wasn't kinda.

He was irritated.

Yoongi knew that but was he feeling a bit bad for behaving like this? Hell no. If the world can treat him coldly, then he can return the same behavior, can't he?

"Yoongi... for fuck sake... listen to me" This time this person was now beside Yoongi, ready to grab his wrists if he still continues to play the piano and ignore him. Just like he expected, he ignored the guy completely.

"Yoongi!" This person snaps, their patience had run low. Grabbing his wrists, they stop him from continuing further, Yoongi sat there, emotionless. No sadness, no happiness, no irritation, no annoyance.

Emotionless.

It was like Yoongi was letting out his emotions through piano but he can't any longer because this person who wants to talk to Yoongi about something wasn't letting him go.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" The guy screamed annoyed but for some reason, this guy was at the edge of crying, why was he crying when Yoongi should be? Yoongi is the one in pain.

Not him.

"You have to perform in the next 10 minutes!! Fucking snap out of it!" The guy reminds Yoongi was still lost, he sat there without any reaction. At last, he did indeed make a move and nodded. The guy sighed and released his wrists.

That guy ran his hand through his hair and looked at Yoongi with empathy.

"I know you're going through a lot but-"

"Let's go" His gravy voice made the guy feel chills run down his spine, Yoongi stood up and left the room. The guy looks at Yoongi as he walks further away from him. He sighs.

I am sorry Yoongi... I am really sorry...

+++

"Just in time" Jungkook chirped smiling widely as he placed his canvas on the stand and turned on the radio to the full volume. He grabbed his brushes and patiently waited for the melody to fill his room through the only source he had right now in his room.

His heart beats with excitement as he takes a deep breath. The first note was hit and the melody danced around his room, Jungkook furrows his brows and closes his eyes, his heart absorbing the music inside as Jungkook feels his heart aching.

He is sad today

His hand automatically made its way toward the canvas and started making strokes all around the milky white canvas, Jungkook still had his eyes closed as his hand followed the lead of his heart.

Of his emotions...

Of Yoongi's emotions...

The music continued playing and Jungkook didn't stop until the music was over. Just then with Yoongi hitting the last note, the music ends, Jungkook opens his eyes and looks at his painting throw blurry vision. He was crying, he can't help but cry because Yoongi was really sad today. As soon as he saw his painting,

A frown followed his lips.

It was depressing... his painting was depressing, the canvas was covered in the colors black, yellow, and orange, and it was messed up, he painted a guy burning. Jungkook deeply sighs.

He is once again having suicidal thoughts...

He hears people applauding as he turns off the radio and leaves the painting there, not once looking at it again.

On the other hand, as soon as Yoongi was done performing he instantly left the stage and looked himself inside the bathroom. His heart aches because he feels suffocating.

He hates when people applaud when he shows how depressed he is.

He hates how they smile when he is done performing. He wishes someday instead of smiling, they will cry and understand how he feels. He hates their smiles.

He envies them.

He looks at himself in the mirror and tries to smile but fails miserably. He felt like he was stabbed in the heart.

Will I ever be able to smile...?