༺ Revival Of The Memories ༻

"W-What if Seokjin Hyung found out Kook? He wouldn't be happy" Hoseok whispers, Jungkook was beside him in the car as they drove towards the theatre where the performances were being held. Jungkook gulps and sighs before gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Just don't tell him, he won't find out" Jungkook answers. He had already bought the tickets for himself and Hoseok. Hoseok was scared out of his wits. Jungkook hadn't told Seokjin anything about him visiting this event. 

"You're gonna get us both killed" Hoseok comments and leans his head against the window as he stares out. He closes his eyes as he watches the snow which is now melting as the season is coming to an end. He could see the flowers starting to bloom and trees coming to life once again. 

"That guy... who was your boyfriend used to be my crush way back before..." Hoseok breaks the silence causing Jungkook to instantly jerk his head to look at Hoseok who avoided his gaze. Jungkook's eyes were wide as he looked back at the road and blinked.

"I told you this before too but seems like you can't remember anything related to him..." Hoseok sighs and looks at Jungkook through the reflection on the window.

"I thought no one could ever love him like I did but..." He paused and gulped before closing his eyes.

"You loved him more than I ever could... and he loved you more than he could have ever loved me..." 

+++

Jungkook parked the car as both Hoseok and Jungkook exited it, their eyes diverted to the crowd as they entered the theatre. Hoseok and Jungkook shared a glance before making their way in as well. 

The theatre was warm and cozy, there was a huge amount of audience and it let Jungkook believe that this Agust D was no new pianist and had been in this line of work for too long. Jungkook and Hoseok went to sit on their booked seat. The stage wasn't too far nor too close to their seat. 

Hoseok and Jungkook sat side by side as Jungkook gulped and waited for the red curtains to lift and the performance to start. Hoseok gulped and nervously fiddled with his fingers, afraid that his guess was right. 

Afraid that he will break again seeing Yoongi after so many weeks. He looked at Jungkook and internally sighed. He hated it so much.

How Jungkook was so passionate about finding Yoongi even after he had lost him?

Even after he had forgotten him. 

He hated it so much...

How he couldn't love as passionately as Jungkook loves Yoongi? 

He hated how Yoongi would never love him as passionately as he loved Jungkook.

He hated it all. 

He hated how he knew he would've left Yoongi if he ever got into the fire... 

He hated how he knew he would never accept Yoongi with those marks and scars because he no longer was as pretty as he used to be...

He hated to admit it.

But he was the shittest person.

He hated how...

How he was very self-aware...

He hated to admit that he never deserved Yoongi...

And Yoongi definitely didn't deserve Hoseok...

He deserved Jungkook. 

He deserved the love Jungkook held for him...

He hated this so much...

He hated himself so much...

Suddenly some claps grabbed his attention as he looked at the red curtains which had been now lifted revealing a grand brown piano in the center, the light was shining over the piano and the whole theatre had fallen into darkness and silence. 

Hoseok's eyes drifted towards Jungkook who was immersed. 

That's when a figure slowly walked towards the piano and quietly sat down on the stool. Even though he was wearing a mask over his eyes with a beautiful black feather on the side, Hoseok instantly recognized him. A sharp inhale was heard from Hoseok's mouth as his eyes widened. He slapped his hand on his mouth.

It was Yoongi...

Oh god... 

Hoseok instantly stood up and ran outside of the theatre. Jungkook flinched and looked at him leaving, he stood up as well but the note that was hit on the piano paused his actions, his head whipped on the figure, the figure that was called Agust D. 

Agust D had his eyes closed as he slowly started to play the music. His brows were slightly furrowed as he played. Jungkook's legs went weak as he sat back and looked at the figure. He even forgot he was supposed to breathe. His eyes were fixed on the figure who was immersed in his music. 

Chills... that's what ran down his spine as he heard him play that music. Agust D looked so much in pain as he played, even though his brows were furrowed he often relaxed his expression as he played the music and let his emotions flow out in the form of music.

Jungkook's hands trembled.

He knew he had heard this song before. 

He knew he had heard it before. 

He knew he had.

"It's so beautiful Hyung! What's the name?" 

Jungkook heard his own voice in his head, he furrowed his brows and closed his eyes, he could see the flashes of memory of him sitting in front of a canvas as he had finished painting. He was talking to someone who was sitting behind him.

In rough flashes, he could see the grand brown piano, identical to the one on stage. A figure was sitting on the stool in front of it. 

"I Need U" 

The figure answered, his voice... he had heard this voice before too somewhere recently. The flashes ended as soon as the music did. Claps echoed in the theatre as Agust D stood up and bowed before grabbing the microphone. 

"I am so glad, there are so many figures here to listen to my story" Agust D spoke, Jungkook's eyes widened, that's it!

Agust D's voice was identical to the one from his memory! 

"This piece was called 'I Need U', a song I have dedicated to someone who is really precious to me... and I don't think I would be here without him" He speaks, his eyes sad as he smiles. 

"The next piece is called 'First Love'" Agust D said as he sat back on the stool and took a deep breath before closing his eyes and placing his fingers on the keys. He started the music as Jungkook's throat went dry. 

He knew it from the bottom of his heart. 

The music gradually went from soft to aggressive as Agust D's fingers aggressively pressed each key showing his love and hatred and showing his pain and agony, showing his gratefulness.

 Jungkook doesn't know why. 

Jungkook doesn't know how.

But he knew this song...

Way too well and deeply...

"... and I am proud to say that I own a few of your paintings as well, including 'First Love'" 

Another hazy flash ran in front of Jungkook's eyes as he groaned and lowered his head before grabbing it. He could see a blurry figure on the bed as he smiled. 

"Y-You're the one who bought 'First Love'?!"

Jungkook heard his own voice as he saw the figure nod. 

"I-I"

"I love you..."