⪼ Under The Starry Night⪻

"Yoongi?"  Namjoon called out for Yoongi who was quietly sitting on the small chair he had placed on his balcony, hearing his name being called, he turned around to face Namjoon who was standing in the frame of the balcony. Looking at him, Yoongi once again turns his attention to the scenery of the beautiful starry night with the small sparkling lights of the buildings in the area he lived in. Namjoon walks towards the balcony and places his arms on it—a deep breath left his mouth.

"What is up with you Yoongi? What is going on in your mind?" Namjoon asked not looking at Yoongi. Yoongi stays silent and continues to stare at the scenery silently. 

"Namjoon?" Yoongi suddenly called out silently. Namjoon turned around to see Yoongi who was staring at the stars. His eyes held the galaxy but Namjoon failed to see that. Yoongi continues to stare at the stars without any other words.

"I wonder... I wonder how I look like in your eyes" Yoongi softly muttered. 

"Huh?" Namjoon questions as he fails to understand what he just said. Yoongi looks at Namjoon and slightly shakes his head.

"Why are you here?" He asked as Namjoon sighs and leaned his back against the balcony before folding his arms in front of his chest as he looks at Yoongi. 

"Um... I wanted to congrats you... on your... you know win" Namjoon said as Yoongi looked at Namjoon with blank eyes before softly nodding. Namjoon sighs and suddenly exits the balcony. Yoongi confusingly blinked as he tries to comprehend what happened but Namjoon arrives right away with a bottle of wine. Yoongi looked at the wine bottle and then looked at Namjoon confused. Namjoon grins and then lifts the bottle with two wine glasses in his other hand. 

"So, let's hold a party?" He suggested cutely as Yoongi blinked and then looked at him like he was utterly disgusted but Namjoon knew he wasn't so he smiled and went to sit in front of Yoongi. He placed the wine bottle and the glasses on the small table located between two small chairs which were now occupied by Namjoon and Yoongi.

Namjoon grabs the bottle again and grabs the cork opener before opening it with a pop. Yoongi just silently stares at Namjoon as he continues to now pour down the wine into both Yoongi's and his own glass. He puts down the bottle before handing him the glass. Yoongi stares at the glass and then looks at Namjoon.

"Take it, man! Drink to your fullest today! It's your 5th win in a row!" Namjoon cheers him up as he gulps down the wine. Yoongi never once took his eyes off as he slowly brought the glass closer to his lips before parting his small plump lips as he gulped down the wine. 

The time went by, Yoongi and Namjoon kept drinking until the bottle was finally finished and until they were finally at their limit. Both were drunk as hell as Namjoon leans back against the chair and looks at the night sky. 

"It's beautiful... isn't it?" Namjoon asked as Yoongi stares at Namjoon.

"It indeed is" He muttered as Namjoon slowly blinks like he was about to fall asleep.

"Have you ever been in love Yoongi?" Namjoon asked as Yoongi's breath hitched, he stares at Namjoon with his wide teary eyes but the he gulped and looked down at his lap.

"How can you love someone this deeply Yoongi? Isn't it scary? Aren't people scared that the ones they live for can also be the ones that will kill them one day?" Namjoon asked as he stares at the starry night. Yoongi looks back at him and furrows his brows. A heartache follows as he stares at Namjoon. His throat clogs with an urge to cry so that he can scream and tell him that Yoongi is willing to live and die for him. 

If Namjoon is gonna kill him... he will die with a peaceful smile on his lips because he knows Namjoon is the one who killed him, someone who Yoongi is willing to die for. So it doesn't matters if he is the one who kills him, it will feel like a blessing to Yoongi. 

"Yoongi?" Yoongi who was dazed out blinks and looks at Namjoon who was staring at him, bright stars shine in his eyes as Yoongi stares at his galaxy-filled eyes. 

"I love you" As soon as those words left Namjoon's mouth, Yoongi's eyes widened, and his heart skipped a beat as he stares at Namjoon in shock.

"It's a strange sentence isn't it?" 

"Just say I love you and you have everyone you need in this world..." Namjoon said as he shakes his head with a scoff and looks at the night sky once again. Yoongi furrows his brows as the heartache grows stronger.

"No Namjoon... you're wrong" Yoongi whispered, his eyes dropping on his lap once again as Namjoon redirects his attention towards Yoongi.

"Not always... you won't get the one you need with an 'I love you'... not always" Yoongi whispered as he stands up and was about to leave when Namjoon stood up and grabbed his wrist. Yoongi turned around as Namjoon pulled him closer to himself before pressing his lips hard against Yoongi. Yoongi's eyes widened as he looked at Namjoon who had his eyes closed.

The kiss lasted a minute before Namjoon pulled away and left instantly. Yoongi stood there dazed unable to comprehend what just happened. His hand slowly makes its way toward his lip as he softly touches it and goes back to the memory of Namjoon who just kissed him. 

Yoongi falls down on his chair as he stares at the front in shock, he was sober now and he kinda wishes to remain drunk because this sober state of his was depressing and shitty as fuck. Whenever Yoongi was drunk, he felt alive and at peace, now that he has been sober... he is once again reminded of the reality. He still somehow was in a daze because he just cannot believe his crush just kissed him and then left instantly. 

He has always left him...

Yoongi leans back and looks at the sky before tilting his head. He was sober yet he felt like he was drunk, at least he acted like he was.

"For you Namjoon... I would steal the stars" He whispers.

"Vincent Van Gogh said 'The more you love, the more you suffer'... is this why I am suffering right now Joon...?"

"Is it killing you? Like it's killing me? Am I suffering alone in this Namjoon?" 

"Please Namjoon... Please don't ever turn into a stranger"  Tears flowed down his cheeks as he silently looks at the starry night and continues to speak his heart out. He asked those questions like Namjoon would never answer them. Yoongi was pathetic, he acknowledge that. But he was even more pathetic in love. 

"You were never mine... but losing you will always break my heart" Yoongi whispered as he places his hand upon his heart, his heart was aching in pain, and his throat once again clogged as he lets out those last words.

"If only you knew..."