Chapter Three

Captain Man and Kid Danger had, yet again, stopped Jeff from committing an utterly moronic crime. Before they could call it a day and head back to the Mancave, Henry received a call from Charlotte, which he answered.

"What's up Char?" Henry greeted his friend.

"Another distress call just came in from Swellview Park." Charlotte supplied.

"Again? Wasn't there something literally there last night?"

"Yeah, and it looks like it's the same people."

"Alright we're on it." Henry stated before hanging up and turning to Ray. "Those people from last night are back at Swellview Park."

"Why?" Ray groaned.

"I don't know man, but we have to go find out."

"Ugh, fine. But if that one guy is there, he better not throw anymore knives. I still can't get these out." Ray gestured to the front of his shoulders, where the two daggers stood out, his suit not even bothering to cover them up.

"I think you look great!" Henry joked, laughing at Ray's issue.

"Yeah, haha, laugh it up." Ray rolled his eyes. "But seriously, I need these out of me."

"Then let's go to Swellview Park." Henry started walking towards the park, Ray following behind.

They made it to the area, hiding behind some bushes in order to spy on whoever was having a meeting. There were two men, one of them: the man in black from the day prior, the one who supplied the knives.

"You're protecting him." The one in black told the other. "It's pathetic really."

"Boss says he's not afraid of you." The other man stated.

"I never said I wanted him to be. I just want to find him, I know he's here." The man in black walked closer to the man that had previously talked. "Now, tell me where Michael is."

"And if I don't?"

"Then I'll force it out of you." The man in black drew a large sword from behind his back, but before he could swing it, Captain Man and Kid Danger emerged from behind some bushes, ready to fight. "Oh, come on!" The one in black turned to face the others.

"Missed us?" Captain Man quipped.

"Not really, no." A fake smile was given to the two heroes. "But I am glad to see that I've been stuck with ya." A reference to the knives in imbedded in Captain Man. The other man tried to escape, but the man in black took notice and turned back towards him, aiming his sword towards the other. "Don't even think about it." A threat. The other man put his hands up in a surrender before speaking.

"I don't know where he's staying, but I'm in communication with him."

"Go on." The man in black pressed the tip of his sword into the other, but not hard enough to actually cause any damage.

"I can send whatever message you want to him."

"Then you tell him Midnight is coming, and if he doesn't show himself, I'll go through every single person he sends me." Captain Man and Kid Danger would have stepped in by now, but they were curious as to what the others were talking about.

"I can do that. If you let me go."

"Then go." The sword that was being pressed into the man was brought back to its owner, letting him walk free, or run free, as he took to sprinting out of the park at full speed.

"Is that your name?" Kid Danger spoke in the silence. "Midnight?"

"Yes." Midnight confirmed, not even turning around.