S3xE7: Dodging Danger

It was almost as if everyone moved on. They knew about Dylan's predicament, his mother, but after days of searching and coming up with absolutely nothing it seemed to be forgotten. Maybe not entirely, but other things moved into the picture; school, work, fighting crime, they all became more important.

His mother left without a trace and without a clear cause. Drex was somehow involved but that was it. Their biggest lead was unavailable at the moment and nothing else made sense. Ray thought he knew all the really bad criminals but he didn't know Dylan's mother, Angela Montgomery. The name didn't ring a bell. Nothing was found in the criminal database either, which was supposed to be their ticket.

And so the subject got lost, unannounced. There was no lead, no substance, nothing to hold onto. It became a waiting game drowned out by the noise of everything else. Something would come, but apparently it wasn't soon.

What did end up coming up was a dodge ball tournament Jasper was training for. He was participating in the Dodge-a-Leen tournament where it was basically just dodge ball but on trampolines. Jasper told Henry about it after he and Ray returned from whatever crime they were fighting.

"So, who are they other two players on your team?" Henry asked after learning the teams would have three people on them.

"Well, one is Piper..." Jasper started but was interrupted by Henry.

"My little sister Piper?"

"Yeah, she's small, so it makes her hard to hit! And she's naturally vicious."

"That is true," Henry agreed, "who's the other member?"

"I asked Dylan because I wanted his good aim on the team but he said no."

"How come?"

"He said if he couldn't throw metal balls then he didn't want it."

"Makes sense."

"Tell him who you want the other member of your Dodge-a-Leen team to be." Charlotte was sitting on the couch of the Mancave watching their conversation.

"Well, since Dylan said no I thought maybe I could turn to one of my other friends." Jasper hinted at Henry by poking his arm.

"Alright, I get it." Henry was flattered that Jasper wanted him on the team, even if he was a third choice.

"Will you be on my team?"

"Yeah, sure man, sounds fun."

"I know! With your new superpower, your hydro-mo-diddly..."

"Hyper-motility." Charlotte corrected.

"Yeah, yeah," Jasper waved her off, "With your insane hand speed and foot speed, the other teams won't be able to lay a ball on you!"

"Wait a minute." Charlotte didn't like the reasoning behind Jasper's choice, and the others didn't like that she had an issue with it, groaning at the sound of her apprehension.

"Let me guess, you have some reason as to why this is bad, or wrong, or dangerous, or too much fun." Henry sarcastically stated.

"Uhh, I have a reason," Ray had been preoccupied with Schwoz since the beginning of their conversation, but he was now entering it after being done, "Henry's superpower is for fighting crime. Not for bouncing and dodging balls."

"Yeah, he can't use his superpower to win competitions." Charlotte agreed with Ray.

"You're a fun squasher." Jasper told his friend and Henry agreed.

"You better take that back." Charlotte threatened.

"No!"

"Or when you ask me to be on your team, I'm going to say no."