Chapter Nine

Belling's Coffee House was pretty active for 4:12 p.m. on a Monday. Ray and Charlotte got there at 4:10 p.m., and went to the counter to order something to drink, so they could blend in.

"You got my message." A voice from behind them spoke in a hushed tone. The two of them turned around to be faced with Dylan. "No, turn back around, it can't look like I'm talking to you." They followed Dylan's orders and quickly went back to their original stance. "Where's Henry?" Dylan asked, noticing him missing from the pair.

"He's in the ManVan." Ray told Dylan, not looking back to him. "He said that Michael might know what he looks like."

"He does." Dylan told them. "Just wanted to make sure he was close. You are here to get Michael, right?" Dylan wanted to make sure that they were all on the same page.

"Yes, we are." Charlotte answered. "Henry can hear everything I'm saying, so when the time comes he'll come in as 'You Know Who'." Charlotte paused for a moment, listening to something before talking again. "Yes, Dylan is here."

"Is that Henry?" Dylan asked.

"Yes, he can hear me speaking to you." Their conversation had to come to and end due to Ray and Charlotte being called up next to order. Dylan stepped out of line, not really wanting anything for himself and sat down at one of the empty tables. Not long after, Charlotte sat down at a table next to him, Ray waiting for their drinks to be made at the counter.

"Can I ask you something?" Charlotte didn't look at Dylan when she spoke, keeping up the appearance that they couldn't be talking.

"Yeah, sure." Dylan replied, not looking at Charlotte either.

"Why did you call me to leave the message?"

"Because Michael doesn't know who you are." In that moment Ray sat down across from Charlotte, handing her what she ordered. However, Dylan didn't stop his explanation. "I was being watched. If I picked up the phone and said 'Hi, Henry' they would have known exactly who I was talking to. You, not so much."

"Well we better hope he doesn't know Charlotte." Ray spoke up. "Or else everything will not go down the way we want it to."

The door to the café could be heard being opened with the sound of a bell jingling. In walked Michael, alone. He was wearing a backpack, most likely carrying the plans inside. His eyes fixated on Dylan, who was staring right back at him. Michael made his way over to Dylan and sat in the seat across from him. Ray and Charlotte were quiet next to them, wanting to listen in on the conversation that was about to occur. From Charlotte's point of view she could see Dylan's face, and Ray was able to see Michael's. Ray watched from his peripheral vision as Michael reached into his bag and took out a stack of papers, setting them on the table.

"Can I ask why you wanted to do this here?" Dylan questioned Michael, glancing at the papers in front of him.

"Less suspicious." Michael answered. "Who expects this at a café?" Michael started separating the papers in front of them, creating different piles for different things. Neither Ray or Charlotte could do anything at this point, as they didn't have evidence yet that Michael actually brought the plans they were looking for. He had to say it in order for them to jump in.

"What is all this?" Dylan scanned the documents more thoroughly.

"Different plans. I don't just have one, you know." Dylan didn't know. He thought Michael had only one plan. Not that Dylan was complaining; the more time Michael spent ruminating on this, the more evidence there was against him. Dylan knew that he would have to get Michael to say, out loud, what the plans were actually for in order to start something.