Chapter Four

Ray needed Henry for Swellview Park, again. A group of people had gathered in the middle of it, some of them similar looking to the unconscious men all those days ago.

"I just don't understand why they have to keep meeting in Swellview Park, I mean can't they pick another location?" Captain Man whined upon his and Kid Danger's arrival.

"Like where?" Kid Danger questioned. "Literally where else is there?"

"I don't know, shut up." Captain Man and Kid Danger kept their distance from the group, waiting for something to happen. "Kid, look." Captain Man pointed to a figure in the distance, making their way to the group of men.

"Is that Midnight?"

"Looks like it. I told you this guy was bad news."

"We don't know why he's here, or why anyone is here."

"For crime, Kid."

"We don't know that!" Kid Danger half whispered, half shouted. "Just wait." Captain Man didn't respond to his sidekick's outburst, and focused his attention to the reason he was there in the first place.

In the center of the park gathered a group of seven men, and Midnight.

"Well, well, well." One man, wearing a red shirt, stepped forward towards Midnight. "Look who we have here, the infamous Midnight."

"You brought a posse with you." Midnight replied. "Afraid to show up alone?"

"The only person who's afraid here is you." The man in the red shirt replied. "It's not like you're actually going to do anything, are you?"

"You have no idea what I'm capable of."

"Don't I?" The man smiled. "Don't I know everything about you? My D..."

"Don't speak to me like that." Midnight interrupted. The man in the red shirt let out a sigh, and looked at the ground for a moment before turning his attention back to Midnight.

"I don't understand why you so desperately needed to find me."

"And I don't understand why you followed me here, and sent people after me."

"You left me!"

"For a reason!"

"Baby, you don't mean that."

"Don't call me baby."

"Baby, baby..." The man stepped closer to Midnight, "baby." As Midnight backed up the man kept getting closer. "You hurt me, you truly hurt me when you left; do you know that?" The man tried to put his hands on Midnight, but he was having none of that.

"I wanted it to hurt. I wanted it to hurt like this." Midnight materialized a dagger and threw it at the other man, it landing in his right thigh.

"Dang-it!" The man yelled, falling to the ground. The group of men he came with immediately sprung into action, getting out their weapons and charging Midnight.

"Stop right there!" Captain Man announced as he and Kid Danger emerged from where they were hiding. "Now I don't know what this little meeting is about, but it ends now."

The man in the red shirt got up from the ground, knife still embedded in this thigh. "You're working with these guys?" He directed to Midnight, who stood still, eyes unfocused.

"I think you should go." Midnight stated, still looking off into the distance.

"You're joking." The man stated.

Midnight materialized a sword and pointed the tip to the man's neck. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"This isn't over." With some help from the man in the red shirt's group, he left, all the men going with him.