Chapter Five

They needed a plan. One that Michael wouldn't see coming, which according to Dylan would be extremely hard. Charlotte and Jasper had gone home for the night at one point and Schwoz was busy working on some new technology in another room, leaving Henry, Dylan, and Captain Man in the main room of the Mancave.

"Alright, dude," Henry directed towards Ray, "I don't know if Dylan will really trust you if you keep wearing that suit." Ray hadn't taken off his Captain Man uniform since he came back from the Mancave, meaning Dylan didn't know who he really was.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ray said in a monotone voice, pretending to be confused.

"Seriously?" Henry crossed his arms as Ray shrugged his shoulders. Henry sighed and looked to Dylan. "His name is Ray Manchester - "

"Dude!" Ray shouted, interrupting Henry. "Really?"

"He needs to know."

Ray groaned in annoyance. "Whatever." He pulled out his gum tube in order to change back into his normal clothing. "Happy?"

"Very." Henry stated as he laughed at Ray's child-like manners.

"Now I feel like the odd one out." Dylan looked down to the suit he was still wearing.

"Well how do you take that thing off?" Henry questioned.

"Like this." Dylan brought one of his hands in the air and flicked his wrist, his uniform disappearing from his body and leaving him in regular clothing.

"Woah." Henry seemed mesmerized by the action. "How'd you do that?"

"My suit is mostly made out of metal so..." Dylan trailed off, hoping Henry remembered what he said about his powers from the earlier conversation.

"Ahh, so it comes from the inside of your body."

"Something like that, yeah."

"Can you two stop flirting with one another so we can get back to planning?" Ray was sitting in the chair by the monitors, researching something.

"We are not flirting!" Henry stated, all to quickly, and nervously glanced at Dylan who wasn't paying attention to him anymore.

"What are you doing over there?" Dylan asked, walking over to Ray with Henry following.

"Trying to find if there's anything about your ex-boyfriend, Michael." Ray typed Michael's name into what looked like a database. "Do you know his last name?"

"Yeah, it's Edwards-Nelson."

"Is that hyphenated or separated?"

"Hyphenated." As soon as Dylan was done speaking Ray typed in Michael's last name. "What is this exactly?" He asked, pointing to the monitor.

"I have access to records from across the country, both official and unofficial." Ray explained as he sifted through the matches that came in. "Basically if someone does something bad, I can know about it."

"That's him." Dylan pointed to the screen again once he saw Michael's face go by. Ray clicked on the profile, bringing up Michael's criminal history.

"Let's see... car theft, illegal gambling, threatening behavior, blackmail, and extortion." Ray slowly dragged his eyes from the screen to Dylan who took notice and looked back at Ray. "You dated this guy?"

"Listen," Dylan tried to come up with some sort of reasoning, "most of those weren't exactly carried out by him, I mean he had other people do it for him." Ray didn't like that answer so he tried again. "I used to be involved with the wrong crowd, but I'm trying to reform." That response seemed to be accepted.