Chapter Eight

Dylan didn't show up to school the following day, or the day after, or the next day after that.  On the third day, Henry felt as if he was going insane, constantly talking to the others about Dylan, wondering where he was.  His role as Kid Danger was getting impacted, as he wasn't performing to his best, something the others took notice of.  They tried to intervene, telling Henry not to worry so much, but it was pointless.  Henry couldn't help but worry.  Dylan went off the radar, not answering phone calls or text messages from Henry or anyone.

Three more days went by, making it officially six days since Dylan was at Henry's house.  Six days since Dylan basically said goodbye.  Henry was pacing back and forth in the Mancave, something he'd been doing as of late.  Ray used to say something to get him to stop, but not anymore. 

The elevator came down, Charlotte stepping out of it, a determined look on her face.

"Guys, Dylan called me today."  Charlotte said, the others immediately drawing their attention to her. 

"He did?"  Henry practically ran to Charlotte.

"I didn't answer because I was in the shower, but he left a voicemail.  Listen."  Charlotte tapped her phone to get the voicemail up as Ray walked over to the other two, wanting to listen in.

Dylan's voice could be heard through Charlotte's phone, saying:  "Hey Charlotte, sorry I haven't been in school as of late, I've been having a... bit of a family emergency.  I was wondering if you could send me the notes from Mr. Bellings's class, specifically section 4.15.  If you could send those to me by Monday, that would be grand.  That's it, thanks, bye."  The voicemail ended, leaving everyone confused.

"Who's Mr. Bellings?"  Henry asked, thinking he knew all of Charlotte's teachers.

"I don't know."  Charlotte answered with a shrug.  "We don't have a teacher by that name.  I think it's code for something."

"But for what?"  Henry spoke.

"Belling's Coffee House."  Ray stated to the others.

"What?" Henry asked, not knowing what he was referring to.

"There's a café off of Broad Street called Belling's Coffee House."  Ray explained.

"Section 4.15."  Charlotte spoke up, catching onto something.  "He'll be there at 4:15."

"What day did he say he wanted the notes by?"  Ray asked.

"Monday."  Charlotte supplied.

"So he'll be at Belling's Coffee House on Monday at 4:15."  Henry put everything together, the others nodding with his words.

"But why?"  Ray wondered.

"Michael."  Henry told the others.  "Last time he was here he said it would take Michael a week to bring the plans back to Swellview."  He continued to explain.  "It's been a week."

"He probably chose the café because someone keeps showing up at the park."  Charlotte glanced between Ray and Henry, referring to how Captain Man and Kid Danger kept interrupting Dylan's meetings when he first arrived.

"But why did he need to send that voicemail instead of, oh I don't know, coming down here and telling us?"  Ray seemed a little annoyed with how the information was being presented.

"Because he's being watched, Ray."  Henry began to explain.  "That's why he's not at school, or answering our calls.  He can't just come down here without being followed."

"Right, I forgot about that."

"This is good."  Henry walked away from the other two and more towards the middle of the room.  "The plan is still active."