S3xE19: Swellview's Got Talent

Ray knocked on Dylan's door, opening it once he heard a soft "Come in!" from the other. Dylan was at his desk finishing up some of his homework. Ray walked over to him and Dylan put down his pen, giving him his full attention.

"I uh, want you to read this." Ray held out a letter that was sent to the Mancave.

Dylan looked at Ray with a confused expression but took the letter nonetheless. He began reading it out loud. "Dear Captain Man and Kid Danger, we, the producers over at Swellview's Got Talent, would like for you to be celebrity judges on the next episode." Dylan stopped reading and looked up at Ray. "That's amazing! Did you tell Henry yet?"

"Just keep reading." There was something else that Dylan needed to see.

"We were also wondering if you could get in touch with The Darkness." Dylan read, looking up at Ray again who just nodded his head for him to continue. "We don't know where he is, or how to get in touch with him, but we do know that he's been seen with Kid Danger a couple of times. If you could please find him and tell him that we also want him as a celebrity judge, it would be much appreciated." Dylan put the letter down on his desk. There was a bit more to read but he figured that was all Ray wanted from him.

"They want you to judge with Henry and I." Ray could tell Dylan didn't seem really excited about the offer.

"I can't." Dylan told him, every bone in his body telling him it was a bad idea.

"It's because of your mother, isn't it." Part of Ray knew that maybe Dylan wouldn't accept, and he didn't know if he should have even shown the letter to Dylan; but the producers had asked him to at least tell The Darkness he was invited, which is exactly what he did.

"She's gonna know." Dylan's eyes were filled with fear, "If she somehow sees the episode, she'll know. She'll know I'm alive and still in Swellview."

"Is that really a bad thing?"

"We're supposed to have a one-up on her! Not the other way around!" Dylan looked away from Ray and turned back to his homework.

"They're gonna pay you five thousand dollars." Ray quickly spilled out.

"What?" Dylan's jaw dropped.

"They are going to pay you five thousand dollars if you come on as a celebrity judge." Ray slowly stated.

"That's... a lot of money."

"You don't have to, and I won't force you. I just wanted to tell you about the offer."

Dylan thought about it for a long time. He knew it probably wasn't the best idea, but he also knew that it would be foolish to skip out on five grand.

"Okay." Dylan let out in an almost whisper.

"Okay?"

"I'll do it. I'll be a celebrity judge on Swellview's Got Talent."

They would reap the possible consequences later.

They were live on Swellview's Got Talent. The host, Danny Chest, came out to introduce the show and the guest judges.

"Now, let's take a minute to say hello to this week's celebrity judges!" Danny started, "Occupying all three chairs are no strangers to anyone here in Swellview. Give it up for Captain Man, Kid Danger, and The Darkness!"

The crowd started a roar of cheers, and the three of them turned around in their chairs to wave to everyone behind them.

"Since we're nearing the end of this competition," Danny began a conversation with the heroes, "Do you guys think that any of the performers this week can beat our front-runner?"