S3xE11: Gas or Fail

As soon as Dylan and Henry came down the elevator and entered the Mancave, Ray was getting Henry involved in one of his weird schemes. It was time for Ray's "Bi-yearly Quantitative Physiological Densitization Test", and he wanted to test out Henry's new hypermotility powers at the same time. Henry would be hitting balls with a baseball bat at Ray for the test. Schwoz would be computing how long it took from the first contact of the ball to when Ray stated that the pain from being hit stopped to gauge Ray's indestructibility.

During the test, Dylan began telling Ray that he and Henry would not be able to make it to the Mancave tomorrow. In between sentences Ray would get hit with a ball at over 200 miles per hour, but that didn't stop him from asking questions.

"What do you mean you can't come to work?" Ray asked as he picked himself off the ground.

"Tomorrow's Achievement Test Day at school, we're not allowed to leave for any reason or else we'll get in trouble." Dylan told him as another ball came hurdling towards Ray. He was back on hit feet in no time.

"Alright fine, take the day off. But it's coming out of your vacation time."

"I didn't know we get vacation time." Henry lowered the bat, entering the conversation.

"Well, I mean, you don't. I mean, there's no state law that says you need it so don't go looking." Another ball was launched from the machine but it caught Henry off guard. Instead of hitting Ray it went flying towards Schwoz, knocking him onto the ground. 

The three stood over this body before walking away to get won-tons.

The following day was Achievement Test Day. Henry, Dylan, Charlotte, and Jasper were all in the same classroom for it: Miss. Shapen's. Henry sat in the first row with Jasper behind him, Dylan sat in the second row next to Jasper with Charlotte behind him in the third row. As Miss. Shapen was explaining how the test would go, she told Henry and Dylan to switch places and moved Charlotte to the front next to him and encouraged the other students to cheat off of them. Now Charlotte was in the front row with Henry behind her, and Dylan was in the first row with Jasper behind him. 

Dylan and Charlotte had the highest grades in the class and Miss. Shapen hoped if the others copied their answers, the class average would be higher. The higher the scores, the more money she could get paid as a bonus during the winter holidays. She told everyone that she wouldn't care if they cheated, and she'd do nothing about it.

The test began shortly after, and Henry stood up and leaned over, glancing at Charlotte's paper at the same time Jasper got up and looked at Dylan's. Dylan and Charlotte looked at one another, not to copy each others work, but to share a glance of "Can you believe these two?"

Soon an alarm started going off in school, everyone dropping their pencils and panicking.

"Uhh, what's that sound?" Henry asked Miss. Shapen.

"That's just the Swellview Emergency Warning Siren," She stated like it was the least of her problems, "just keep taking your test."

"But shouldn't we find out what the emergency is?" Charlotte asked.

"Fine!" Miss. Shapen angrily picked up the remote to the projector and turned on the news. They were reporting on an underground gas pipe that burst underneath Swellview's nuclear gas company. The gas was escaping into the ground, causing it to become extremely harmful. The reporters told everyone to evacuate Swellview and the surrounding areas. "See? Everything's fine, so keep taking your tests!" She ran over to lock both doors that lead to the classroom.

"But the news guy said we should evacuate!" Jasper told her. Everyone else in the room agreed with him.

"No!" Miss. Shapen yelled to the room, "Nobody leaves until everybody finishes their tests and gets a great score so I can get my big fat cash money bonus!"