The Intern - L. HY x Reader

Narrator

Lee Hyein has just unexpectedly become the CEO of her mother's company. She's one of the youngest CEO's in South Korean history.

Recently, she's been busy attending meetings and has yet to visit her company building until today.

- Hyein POV -

I arrived at the company building, noticing there was paparazzi everywhere.

"Great!" I scoffed to myself, annoyed.

I made my way out the car and into the building with my bodyguards and assistant by my side

"Ms. Lee, we have to head to the boardroom so you can introduce yourself to key employees" My assistant informed me.

We made our way to the boardroom and I introduced myself. Everyone else introduced themselves expect for the one person who had caught my eye as soon as I walked in.

It was a kid around my age standing in the corner of the room. They didn't speak the entire time. I clearly didn't care if they were in the room since we weren't talking about anything confidential.

As everyone cleared the room, I walked over to personally introduced myself.

"Hi, I didn't catch your name. I'm-"

"Nice to meet you, Lee daepyonim. My name is y/n!" They frantically interrupted me giving me a full bow.

I giggled a bit at their cute behavior and extended my hand to properly meet them.

Y/n-ssi looked up at me and stopped bowing, extending their hand to shake mine.

As soon as our hands touched, I felt my heart start to race and I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Nice to meet you y/n-ssi. You can call me Hyein," I said looking into their eyes.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance, Sajangnim. I should've asked for permission for my intern to join the meeting. I will make sure to ask next time," Irene the head of HR spoke as she approached us.

"Intern?" I thought to myself.

"It's okay, I'm happy to meet all the employees here!" I responded.

"But please, next time... do ask for permission," I informed her.

"Irene-ssi, do you mind if I have y/n-ssi give me a tour of the office?" I asked wanting to get to know more about the intern.

"Yes, Sajangnim" She answered then turned to look at y/n-ssi and said, "Y/n-sii please do as you're told and make Sajangnim feel at home."

"Yes, Ma'am!" Y/n-ssi answered and Irene took her leave.

The intern took me around the building, showing me each different department and hidden spots where employees go to relax.

We ended our tour at the coffee shop downstairs. Y/n-ssi was about to return to work when I asked..... "Do you want to have a coffee with me? I'm buying."