Save Me - Newjeans x Reader

Narrator

One step forward and two steps back. Progress has never been linear.

So, what would you do if you found yourself never moving forward ever again?

- Y/N POV -

Every step I took sent me to the past.

I'd run in one direction and find myself facing someone from my past. I'd run in the other direction and I'd have to face things I never knew were a part of my history.

Every step was a panel in a story I had never lived.

My past lives rolling through like movie credits, but unlike movie credits....

The story lines were never cohesive. They were more like a big paradox.

In one story, I was happy and care free. In the others, I was so depressed and attempting to take my life.

"Hey!! HEYYY!!!" Someone suddenly yelled at me.

I usually paid no mind to anyone when I was passing through the panels of my life, but this voice was so loud that I couldn't ignore it.

"HEEEEYYYY!!!" The person kept yelling.

I finally lifted my head and turned to look at my left. There was girl with long hair, big eyes, and thick eyes brows looking at me.

I only looked at her for a few seconds, before taking another step forward.

Suddenly...., I had stepped into another panel.

"Stttopppp!!" Someone yelled.

I never found it out to hear yelling in the distance, but this one was a bit different than what I was used to.

"What are you doing?!" The voice echoed again.

I just took a deep breath and went on my way.

As always, I found myself in another story line. The one I hated the most.

It was always the same. I was walking on a long bridge. The air was freezing cold and the person in front of me suddenly collapsed....

Only that when I'd step up to help the person in front of me...

I would find myself staring back at me.

"OH MY GOD, NOOO!!!" Someone came running past me.

"HELP!! SOMEONE HELP!!" The person cried over mind dead body.

I paid no mind to it and kept walking.

"You can't be happy that way," Someone smugly whispered from behind me.

I turned to face the voice and I had stepped into another story line.

"If you keep walking, you'll keep on jumping," The person said.