DITTO END! (TW) - K. HR x Reader

Narrator

Y/n was still in a comma at the hospital.

It turned out that Y/n had sustained a head injury much worse then Haerin's. Much worse than the piece of glass that had stuck on their neck.

Haerin had been refusing to go see Y/n-ah on the hospital.... and no one really knew why.

- Haerin POV -

Y/n-ah's parents had returned from their business trip. They kept insisting I go with then to visit Y/n in the hospital.

"Why would I do that when I can see and feel y/n-ah all the time," I thought to myself as I played with the food on my plate.

I wasn't crazy.... y/n-ah was my best friend. Of course I could feel them.... I could feel their soul in limbo trying to figure out if they want to live or just die peacefully.

I knew it was weird to interact with Y/n's spirit whenever I wasn't around anyone.... but it kept me comfort.

Even if y/n-ah didn't respond 90% of the time. Their presence was enough.

"It would be nice for you to visit y/n-ah. Maybe you could tell them some stories. Help y/n have nice dreams," My mother told me as we ate dinner with y/n's parents.

They had invited us for dinner all week but I refused.... until my mother finally convinced me.

It was hard to have a family dinner like this without y/n-ah.

After dinner, I noticed y/n-ah head up the stairs. I followed up to their room and looked around at the very neat bedroom.

I looked at all our Polaroids that were taped to the wall. I then noticed a framed photo of us that I had never seen before.

It was a picture of us in the 2nd grade. We had the school festival that day. We had just won the 2 legged race when we took that picture.

On the frame it read.... "My girl forever!" in the most childish looking handwriting ever. It made me giggle.

Even back then we both knew we'd want to be in each other's life's forever.

"It would be nice to hear some nice stories," I suddenly hear Y/n-ah say from behind me.

I didn't bother turning around.... everytime I did... they just disappeared.

"Yeah?" I asked in turn.

"Yes, I keep having this horrible dream that I'm at your funeral" Y/n-ah said making me stop in my tracks.

"Is that why you haven't woke up?" I asked continuing to look around the room.

"I don't know if it's real... I don't want to wake up just to find out that you're the one who's gone," Y/n-ah said walking up behind me.

I felt Y/n wrap their arms around my waist, back hugging me.

"I could feel you and hear you, why would I want to go see you in a completely different state then this?" I replied back trying to lock our fingers together.

"It's not fair that you get to feel my presence and I can't feel yours," Y/n-ah sighed then let me go.

My heart ached at those words.... it was true.... it really wasn't fair.

"I'm scared you'll go away once I finally see the real you," I whispered to myself.

When I came to it, Y/n-ah was gone.

The next morning I felt quilty for not visiting Y/n-ah at the hospital. I felt so guilty that after school, I ended visiting all by myself.

As I walked into Y/n's hospital room. My heart shattered. I tried to control myself and sat down on a chair next to their bed.