Could I Have Saved You? - P. HN x Reader

Narrator

It wasn't a pleasant sight.

To find your friend hanging off a rope in their room.

- Hanni POV -

I did it again.

I failed....

First, it was the slit wrists.... then it was the pills.... then the shot to the head.... and now the hanging.

I couldn't seem to save Y/n no matter how many chances I got.

I lost consciousness again. Dropping to the ground like had the last 4 times.

I was stuck in a time loop trying to save my friend.

"I won't fail this time," I told myself when I woke up in the same bed I had woken up in for the last 4 time loops.

But..... yet again....

I failed.

"Cause of death is alcohol poisoning," I heard the paramedics say to the authorities.

I felt myself get faint again.. and.... after fighting it for a bit..... I fainted.

This time, instead of waking up in my bed, I woke up in a bright place with white walls.

I wondered around for a bit until I came to face someone's back

The person slowly turned to look at me with a cute smile, and my heart sank.

It was Y/n.

"AARRRGHHH!!" I yelled in anger as I ran up to pounce on them.

"How could you!?!? You're so fucking selfish!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, hitting Y/n over and over again.

I  must have hit Y/n for a few minutes now. My knuckles were bloody and Y/n now had a busted lip. As I began to stop, Y/n gave me a bloody and gummy smile, saying.... "it's not like you didn't know."

"ARRRGHHH, YOU IDIOT!" I yelled before attempting to hit Y/n again.

But I stopped myself....

I couldn't.

Y/n was right.

It's not like any of us didn't know how depressed and suicidal Y/n really was.

Because Y/n always did their best to make other people smile and laugh and feel better about themselves....

We all tended to forget how much Y/n was probably struggling on the inside.

"Why did you do it?" I asked again. A bit more calmly this time, as I helped Y/n off the floor.

"It's not like I wasn't already slowly killing myself with alcohol," Y/n whispered with a sad smile.

"How can you do that? Why would you do it? You could have talked to any one of us," I responded with a cracked voice.