[7] Give Your All

"I'd say the V.I.P. of this battle was Iida!"

Iida jolted with surprise at All Might's conclusion. "Wha—!?"

After Midoriya was rolled off by robots and All Might took the kids underground, it was time for review. Iida, Uraraka and Bakugou stood before the crowd, the girl of them looking drained and the gremlin staring down at the floor.

"Not Uraraka or Midoriya? Even though they won?" Asui voiced everyone else's confusion. You, meanwhile, were not particularly surprised.

Sure, you didn't have analytical skills anywhere near Yaoyorozu's level, but you did at least notice that Iida was the most careful player of the trial. You weren't exactly sure whether that was worthy of V.I.P., but him not being reckless like the others had to count for something.

Replying to Asui, All Might boomed, "Hmm! I wonder why? Anyone know!?"

"I do, Mr. All Might." Yaoyorozu, of course, was the one to raise her hand. You noticed that she was always the first to speak up in the silence.

(I am NOT typing out "-sensei" after every teacher's hero/surnames just because I refuse to sound like a weeb. It's also weird seeing romaji when the rest of the story is in English. Also, whenever one of the students says "sensei" by itself, I will use "teacher" in its place.)

Closing her eyes and furrowing her brows, Momo critiqued, "It's because Iida was the most able to adapt to the scenario.

From what I saw, Bakugou's every action was motivated by an obvious personal grudge. And as you mentioned before, teacher, using destructive attacks indoors is foolish. Midoriya's performance suffered the same results."

Bakugou himself kept his head low, his spiky, straw-like hair covering up his eyes like some emo anime character. You noted that if Melissa were here, she'd chide both you and Bakugou into taking care of your hair more.

Yaoyorozu moved on to Uraraka. "Uraraka lost focus halfway through. And her final attack was far too haphazard. Such an attack would be unthinkable if the nuclear weapon were real."

Uraraka's lips tightened as she looked down, brows creased.

As much as you thought Yaoyorozu's points were probably valid, you did not catch many of the words she used. They weren't even advanced. Three weeks was too little to have the same vocabulary as everyone else.

When you learned English all over again, it was meant for you to be able to read and write— not know every word everyone else did. That was the same for Japanese.

You could understand both, but some words often missed you.

"But Iida formed an actual counterstrategy.. and he envisioned what the actual struggle would be like. He was only too late in reacting at the very end. The hero team only won because this was a training exercise with exploitable constraints."

At Yaoyorozu's words, Iida touched his heart, angled his head upwards and trembled. The boy was touched.

You peeked around Kouda's neck to get a better look.

Why is Iida shaking like that? He is also touching his heart.

A heart attack?

No. Iida is smiling. No one seems to notice anything.

There are many things I must get accustomed to, it seems..

All Might broke the silence, he himself trembling slightly as he stuck a thumb up. "I-I'd also add that Iida was too stiff, but.. yes, you're correct!"