[68] In the Name of Love

You woke up to muffled yelling and indignant beeping.

"Hey, hey! Wake up!"

Generally, your mornings were very simple.

You'd rise at six-thirty, go wash up, and stretch before setting out on a jog.

It was the exact same thing every day. Quiet, neat, orderly. You preferred it this way.

That was why the second your eyes pried themselves opened, they flashed a dangerous shade of red.

"Silence."

The yelling outside your door faded and so did the beeping.

"Crap, sorry!" whispered the voice. It was Kaminari.

Pancake let out a long, guilty whine.

You blinked.

Did you just... get angry?

Your anger was far and rare. Normally, you were very reasonable in the mornings. If anything, you experienced little to no thought till after breakfast.

But there was no better time to poke the bear than during slumber.

You sat up. "It is okay. I am sorry for becoming angry with you, Kaminari, Pancake."

Kaminari smiled, and you could tell because you could hear it. "S'okay! I didn't even know you were angry till you said anything! Wait, now I'm a little afraid. Y– you're not super mad, are you?"

On your side of the door, Pancake was chirping. It started making a cut-throat motion with its hands.

You shook your head. "Outside of a battle exercise, I cannot harm Kaminari."

Pancake's arms hit the ground in sorrow.

Kaminari yelped, "You can't what!? Who are you talking to!? Do you hear the voices too!?"

A new person audibly smacked Kaminari. "That's just Elbows and the Pink One fucking with you in your sleep."

"Ow! Can you stop hitting me all the time, Bakugou? And what's that mean?"

"What do you think, dumbass? They've been whispering in your ears. By the way, quit yelling. You're so goddamn loud!"

"They have? And hey! Says you!"

Another smack.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!"

You listened to all this, bleary-eyed.

Bakugou being up this early wasn't a surprise. Since the two of you got up around the same time, you regularly ended up brushing your teeth next to each other. Bakugou attacking you was a core part of your morning routine.

But what about Kaminari?

On weekends, that sucker never got up till the afternoon.

Why was he yowling outside your–

You flung your blanket off. "I am behind schedule."

You stepped off the bed.

Then you immediately crumpled to the floor.

If the universe had a consciousness, it was probably staring at you very hard right now.

You laid there like a crinkled tissue.

Your traps, lats, and just about every muscle on your torso were aching so bad. And so was the remaining part of your nondominant leg.

You could carry an extra seventy kilos with no lasting problems. Actually wearing it during combat was a different story.