[10] Helping Hand

The weird airhorn noise ripping through the whole cafeteria was what made you drop your chopsticks.

A woman's voice boomed from the intercom, instructing everyone to head to the exits.

Before you could even stand up from your booth, students were already rushing past you like a herd of wildebeests.

You watched them go, all looking terrified and shoving past each other like animals. It was honestly a pathetic sight.

This little booth was like a cage, your fellow students being the cage door.

That was until someone snatched you by the back of your collar and ran with you in their muscular arms.

You were held like a damsel in distress, your owl-like eyes becoming even wider.

"M-Mirio! Put him down!!"

The nervous voice was accompanied by feminine giggles, the girl's voice not at all distressed by the current situation. The other person's voice was quiet and clearly frantic.

"Sorry, m'dude! Couldn't just leave ya behind!"

Your head snapped up to the face of the one carrying you.

He was facing forward, his blond, cowlick-styled hair bouncing only slightly as he walked forward. A smile adorned his face, as well as a button nose and navy blue, Fleischer-era eyes.

You scrutinized him, a hand coming up to touch his thick bicep with hostility. "Why are you carrying me?"

The boy called "Mirio" laughed jovially at the caution in your tone. "Didn't I say just now? You were practically trapped in there, and we just happened to be passing by!"

The "we" he referred to were him and the two people behind him.

One was a rather small girl with bright periwinkle eyes and hair that swirled peculiarly, her hands behind her back and a smile on her face.

The other was a tall male with narrow eyes and elven ears, his hair a dark bluish-black and his eyes the same color.

Mirio kept his smile on his face, ignoring the threatening heat of your hand. Upon feeling the temperature decrease, he internally sighed in relief.

Those metal hands had startled Mirio initially, but he didn't mind in the end. As long as he could help what looked like a struggling first year (he'd be convinced you were a middle schooler if not for your U.A. uniform), he was content.

The two of you received odd looks as you passed by, but most of the third years weren't too surprised. Carrying a random stranger was a very Mirio thing to do.

Besides that, the fact that this boy could carry a combination of lanky human and steel with no problem was sort of unsettling. Your carbon fiber was light enough, but the weight of your steel was what threw your overall weight off from what was normal for your build. Your steel was light enough, but taking into account that all four limbs were either metal or had metal on them, the weight accumulated.

"I'm gonna lift you up a little higher, 'kay?" Without waiting for your reply, Mirio shifted his hands and moved his arms so that your head was closer to his neck and no longer at his tricep. "This way, it's harder for you to get elbowed or something!"

Your eyes narrowed again, not used to being treated so kindly by a stranger upon first meet.

Although, you didn't dislike this by any means. Your cheeks reddened just the slightest at this close proximity, but you didn't know why.