[32] The Perfect Being

"Hey, hey, gimme a word!" Kaminari leaned over in his chair, jaw propped up with his hands.

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. It is an English word." You pulled out an American-English dictionary from thin air. "As I have also acquired an English dictionary from the library, I have learned many English words new to me."

Kaminari cheered. "That freakin' slaps, dude! Gimme another one!"

This week was the final week before exams, and you and Kaminari were dicking around as always.

You flipped through the Japanese dictionary Yaoyorozu gave you before reading aloud, "Horizontal rice. It refers to Western food."

"Amazing!"

"What're you nerds reading about?" Ashido came over to lean over Kaminari's desk. You stood beside it while Kaminari himself was in his seat.

"Me, a nerd?" The blond snorted. "[L/n]'s the one with the two dictionaries."

Suddenly, Ashido turned to you and asked with mocking sweetness, "Oh, [L/n], is this rat bullying you?"

"Hey--!" Kaminari cut himself off. He whispered, "Y-yo, speaking of nerds..."

Ashido raised a brow and you replied, not reading the air, "Kaminari is not bullying me. And he is not a rat. I'm not sure why you keep calling him a r--"

Said rat screeched, "Exams are a week away and I didn't study at all! Between the sports festival and the internship, it totally slipped my mind!"

As Kaminari continued to scream, you stared at him in concern and Ashido just laughed as if she wasn't rank 19/21.

Building up a sweat, Tokoyami agreed quietly. "Indeed..."

"Midterms were, well..." Sato paused. "We haven't covered much since starting school, so they weren't all that tough. But now that we've had all these other events, I think these finals are gonna be much harder..."

Koda, who sat in front of him, nodded worriedly.

"Sucks that there's gonna be a practical exam too."

Kaminari stood up from his seat and Ashido whirled around to face a smug Mineta. Your eyes darted between them curiously before going back to your dictionary.

Ashido jabbed a finger at Mineta. "We thought you were one of us!"

"Guys like you are only lovable when you're morons!" cried Kaminari, clenching his fists. "There's just no demand for what you actually are!"

You blinked. "What is he?"

Midoriya, unfortunately, cut in before the two dunces could go ham on Mineta. "Ashido, Kaminari!" He grinned, pumping a fist. "Let's try the best we can! It'd be great if we could all go to training camp, right?"

Iida swung his arm up and down to Midoriya's right. "Yes!"

Todoroki said with unintentional coldness, "Haven't you been attending class? How could you possibly fail?"

In order, the Stain Trio were ranks 4/21, 2/21, and 5/21.

Kaminari, who was rank 21/21, gripped his shirt and wheezed painfully. "Words hurt, y'know!"

You tilted your head. "Words can hurt you, Kaminari?"

"You're rank 7/21, what would you know?"

At lunch, you sat with Kaminari, Ashido, Bakugou, Kirishima, and Sero. Shouji and Tokoyami sat a few seats away.