[42] Beautiful Too

It was a long flight back to Japan.

You went home with more things than you'd brought. You now had five new sets of clothes, a new and improved version of your Hero costume, and a few new pairs of shoes. Melissa also replaced your left arm.

Cradled in your right hand was the mechanical butterfly she made you.

You fell asleep.

Hours later, you left the terminal with an unholy amount of luggage.

Civilians stared at you in awe and confusion.

You were dressed rather homely--in a long fuzzy cardigan, oversized t-shirt, sweatpants, socks, and sandals--yet you looked like a model for a luxury brand. Your hair, pushed to the side in a low bun, revealed your graceful swan's neck. Long eyelashes fluttered with each blink. Your eyes themselves carried an aura of mystery. When you walked past a group of schoolgirls, the height difference was staggering.

"Excuse me, sir?"

You paused as one of the aforementioned schoolgirls nervously darted in front of you. "Yes?"

Her friends watched with bated breath from ten feet away, cheeks on fire.

She gulped. "A-are you...a model by any chance?"

She and her friends appeared to not be the only ones wondering. From all around you, civilians began to gather. Some had their phones out and ready in case you were actually some low-key celebrity. Their eyes were shining, and the teen boys and girls among them seemed to have hearts in theirs.

You shook your head. "No. Why do you ask?"

The girl's jaw fell open. "Eh?"

Surprised, the girl's friends and other civilians chattered amongst themselves.

"Seriously? I really thought..."

"If this was Korea, he'd have been scouted right away."

"But is he single? That's the more important question here."

"We should get a selfie with him in case he becomes famous later on!"

Tensing up, you helplessly watched as a bunch of random strangers descended upon you.

"Excuse me, sir. May I take a picture with you?"

"Hello, I'm a scouting agent for AO Entertainment! May I have a moment of your time?"

"If it's not too personal, what shampoo do you use, sir?"

More and more questions flew at you.

You didn't even know where to begin.

Why am I being asked these questions? Who are these civilians?

They all waited for you to respond with eager smiles. A rowdy Youtuber tried shoving his way to the front of the crowd, but he was side-eyed until he stopped.

"...Melissa said not to talk to strangers."

The crowd blinked simultaneously. You blinked back.

"Is--is he serious?" a girl asked.

Another replied, "He's...not wrong."

"Who's Melissa?"

When you silently bowed, everyone bowed back uneasily. They parted to let you and your unholy collection of luggage go to the lobby.

According to Melissa, All Might had arranged for someone else to pick you up in his stead. All Might himself was busy recuperating. You wondered to yourself who'd be picking you up.