[50] Butterfly Knot

[A/N]: A 3D model of the MC's dorm room created by my editor, @Jellydorbz.

"Quit following me, Tin Can!"

"I, too, will be residing on the fourth floor."

"WHAT!?"

You, Bakugou, Kirishima, and Shoji were taking the stairs instead of the elevator. All four of you had been assigned to the fourth floor.

Bakugou briefly considered shoving you down the stairs. "Go request a room re-assignment!"

"Aw, c'mon now, Bakugou!" Kirishima grinned next to him. "[L/n] lived alone in an apartment before this, so it's not like he'll be a bad neighbor."

"Hah? Alone? That infant?"

You spoke up. "I am not an infant."

"Shut up!"

From behind the rest of you, Shoji was shaking his head. He may or may not have gotten unlucky with his neighbors.

Shoji's room was the one closest to the stairs. Nodding at you three politely, he entered and closed the door.

Next was Kirishima. He whooped. "Let's get decorating!"

Then Bakugou. He flipped you the bird before disappearing inside.

You were about to flip him one back when you remembered that Iida had designated it an offensive gesture.

You headed further down the hall. Your room was at the very end.

In the three weeks between All Might's retirement and today, Melissa had appointed herself in charge of designing your room. You'd insisted that you didn't need the help but she wouldn't relent.

You opened the door.

Melissa had told you to send in a remodeling request.

Instead of a bamboo floor, the room had dark red carpeting. The walls and ceiling were charcoal black. The walk-in closet was demolished, providing more overall space.

In front of you was a pile of large boxes. None of the items in there were things you had at your apartment. Melissa had picked them out and made some modifications before shipping them over.

As you didn't have the slightest clue about interior design, Melissa also decided where everything would be placed.

You closed the door before getting to work.

A black hall tree sat to the left, closest to the door.

A modern black bookshelf went to the hall tree's left.

Lining the shelves were books on Japanese kanji, Japanese grammar, dictionaries in both Japanese and English, handbooks on Japanese sign language ranging from beginner to competent, and a beginner's handbook to English sign language. Learning English in general had been much, much easier than learning Japanese.

You also had fictional books and poem collections. While you weren't sure you enjoyed them, they helped you understand figurative language. Accompanying them were plenty of books on social cues, reading social cues, and social norms.

Next was a white closet. You put your clothes inside while you were at it. You took off your borrowed raincoat and stored it in the closet for now. Then you changed out of your uniform. It was stiff and not the most convenient for wide movement. You now wore a white tank top and black gym shorts. You put on indoor slippers as well. Your outdoor shoes had been left in a class cubby by the building entrance. Everyone had their own cubby.