[26] Choosing

From the corner of your eye, you stare at the camera in Aizawa's hands. "Why does Ms. Uwabami want pictures of my face?"

He grunts faintly before snapping one last shot of your side profile. "She wants to know what you look like. Since Uwabami and her agency have a solid record, we don't need your guardian's permission to send her photos of you."

"Has anyone else had their pictures taken, Mr. Aizawa?"

He sits down at his desk and begins to load the pictures into his computer. "Yaoyorozu and Kendo from 1-B."

You walk closer to see Mr. Aizawa begin typing up an email. Your irises whirl as you zoom in on his profile picture. "Their faces were visible at the sports festival. I remember. And I think I like cats, too, Mr. Aizawa. I saw a police officer who appears to be a bipedal cat, so all cats must uphold the law."

Aizawa squints at you momentarily before deciding to keep his mouth shut. He didn't feel like explaining to you that not all cats are cops.

You add after a few seconds of silence, "Hagakure likes cats very much. She says I have cat paws because the sensor pads on my fingers are pink."

This gets Aizawa's attention. "...Show me."

You show him your hands palm up. "Uraraka also seems to have cat paws. Hagakure refers to the individual pads as 'beans' for a reason I'm not sure. She did explain to me but I could not find the correlation between cat paws and beans."

Aizawa stares at your fingers and grunts, "This makes you look less intimidating. Good decision on your manufacturer's part." He turns back to the screen. "Now go to lunch."

"Yes, sir."

School ends a few hours later.

"Who're you choosing for the internship, guys?" Kaminari walks beside you. Jirou is to his left and Yaoyorozu is to your right.

Jirou twirls her right ear lobe and replies cooly, "Death Arms."

"Oh, sweet!"

"I have decided to intern with Uwabami." Yaoyorozu clenches her fist and stares forward with determination. "I think I will learn quite valuable lessons with someone so influential in the media."

Kaminari whistles. "Uwabami, huh? She's real pretty, but I dunno if she actually fights. Does she?"

Yaoyorozu almost looks offended. She turns to him and says, "Of course!" And then she sweats. "Though she seems to prioritize her celebrity career..."

Jirou leans forward to peer at you. "What about you? Undecided?"

"Yes."

She frowns and moves on to Kaminari. "You?"

"...Same." As Kaminari begins to sulk, Jirou clicks her tongue and Yaoyorozu laughs lightly behind a fist.

"Ugh, boys."

"Don't be like that, Jirou. I'm sure they'll find one soon..."

"Ah, so you need help choosing who to intern with?"

You're walking the rest of the way home with Midoriya. "Yes."

He takes the papers you hand him and begins to scan the list. Nearly lost in thought, he mutters, "We need to choose a hero that suits your interests...if you don't have any particular interest, then your Quirk."

Midoriya stops at the D section to look up at you. "Is there anything you want to do in particular? Like air rescue or marine work? We can split it into either offensive or rescue work first."

You glance at the list. "I am not sure."

Midoriya smiles. "Then your Quirk." He looks back to the list. His eyes bulge out of his skull once he reaches the E section.

"What is the matter, Midoriya? You are pale."

"E-E-En...ENDEAVOR!?"

"I have chosen not to consider Endeavor Agency. We have met and I do not think he likes me."

"You've MET!?"

The last of the walk to your building consists of Midoriya shouting at you in what is either anger or confusion. Or both.

Midoriya catches his breath. His face is red and sweaty. "S-so...how'd you guys meet?"

"He told me to urinate faster."

"Wh--?"

Midoriya isn't shouting anymore, but perhaps his boggled mumbling is even worse. You've been told by others not to acknowledge it so you don't say anything.

"See you tomorrow, Midoriya. Thank you for your help." You're within the safe confines of your room before Midoriya gets the chance to strap you down into a chair and interrogate you.

"W-WAIT! I still have so much to ask--!"

Friday comes.

"Ah, same stop?" Yaoyorozu smiles at you before glancing behind you to see Kendo approach. The redhead grins and waves and Yaoyorozu waves back.

"Hey!" Kendo comes to a stop next to you. Like every other student, she's got her costume case in hand. "I'm guessing everyone here is heading to Uwabami's?"

With slightly raised brows, Yaoyorozu turns to you. "You've chosen Uwabami as well?"

Kendo laughs as you reply nonchalantly, "Yes, I have. I will look forward to working with the both of you."