[23] Out With a Bang

[A/N]: The last portion of this chapter is in present tense because at the time it was written (2019), I was experimenting with tenses. The next few chapters will be entirely in present tense. After those few chapters, the whole story will return to past tense.

Struggling against you, Monoma turned to glare at his peer and demanded, "What are you doing here!?"

Awase lifted a brow. "..If you really want to know, I took a cra--"

"Shut up!" The red wouldn't leave Monoma's face as he ducked down and slipped out from between your arms. Stomping up to his peer, he poked the other male in the chest and growled, "Don't speak of this to anyone."

Awase blinked at Monoma before shooting you a concerned glance. "..Are-- are you cheating on someone, Monoma?"

Monoma's eyes went white. "No! This robo bastard just kissed me out of nowhere!"

You shook your head. "You requested it."

As if mocking him, you tapped by your lip. "You do that when you wish for a kiss. Mr. Shield does that when he wants affection from Melissa."

"Who--??" Monoma was on the verge of exploding. "Actually, y'know what? I don't care!"

He whirled around and began to stomp in the opposite direction with his head held high. "Let's go, Awase!"

Awase watched Monoma before briefly turning to you. "..Some balls you got there."

You would've asked him what balls?, but you've learned that asking questions to anyone unaware of your nature ends badly. So you don't.

The black-haired male leaves with a nervous chuckle and a wave, and you can only wave back.

The next few battles fly by.

Todoroki beats Iida.

Bakugou beats Tokoyami.

You're up next.

"Be careful, [L/n]..."

You nod at Midoriya. "I will."

Your familiars have granted you either luck or their concern. The rest of the class watches with curiosity.

Will you fight this round?

Or will you rely on a forfeit?

"Hey." Awase grins as he whispers to Monoma, "Gonna cheer for your boyfriend?"

Monoma is seen visibly restraining himself from strangling his classmate.

"The King of Forfeits! It's [L/n] [Name] from Heroics!"

That was pretty funny. Everyone in the audience either laughs or winces.

Kaminari sucks in a breath. "Ooh, that's harsh!"

"Fighting against him is Kuchimoto Kouki, Lord of the Flies--! also from Heroics!"

Ku(chimoto) squints, two pale fingers fiddling with the left strap of his pale yellow hospital mask. His other hand is in his pant pocket.

"Lord of the Flies..? Heck's that? My stars aren't flies.."

You reply, "Your Quirk isn't comprised of stars, either. What exactly are those small glowing objects?"

Ku's expression goes from irritated to looking down at you with a high nose. "Huh? What's that? You wanna say that again?"

Ku started his first few matches with either a bored or scrutinizing expression, but now he just looks agitated.