[30] Hand Crusher

"[L/n]." Yaoyorozu reaches a hand out to firmly grip your shoulder.

You glance from her tense hand to her grim face. "Yes, Yaoyorozu?"

"Go." She ignores Kendo's look of shock. "For us, for our classmates, for the civilians in need. You can get to Hosu without the trains."

Kendo bites her lip. She says hesitantly, "Will he be able to hold himself?"

The brunette blinks, surprised. It seems Kendo has given in to the idea. "He will." Turning her attention back to you, she urges, "Go. Please, [L/n]."

You suddenly find yourself...how would you describe it...uncertain.

Judging by their faces, your peers are concerned and anxious.

Do I go against Ms. Uwabami's orders?

"Stay."

Yaoyorozu whirls towards Kendo, aghast. "How could you say that?"

The redhead frowns and crosses her arms. "If he can't risk his track record for civilians, much less his classmates, then who is he supposed to save?"

As the three of you stare each other down in thick silence, your feet begin to shuffle.

"I will save people," you decide finally.

Kendo looks at you with a sigh and an exasperated smile. "Great. Get moving, buddy."

As you take flight from the window, the girls watch on, hoping you and the others would be safe.

The heat becomes almost overwhelming by the time Hosu comes into sight.

You wince. The cooling factor in your suit helped immensely, but the heat still crept up your shoulders.

You're graced with some rest once you land in a forward roll.

All around you, buildings roar with flames and both heroes and civilians alike running around, in distress in the civilian's case. Immediately, you're confronted by a local hero.

"Please assist with the evacuation!" he says urgently. "I don't know if you've noticed, but there's also these monsters roaming around--!"

A creature which the likes you've only seen once before engulfs the hero in its shadow.

"500 degrees."

Where the Nomu's head once was is now a smoking, putrid, bloody mess. The headless body flops onto the unsuspecting hero and he grunts in surprise as it flattens him to the floor.

You turn down the heat before shoving the body off the hero and helping him up. "I am sorry."

He wrinkles his nose at the fallen Nomu. "Thanks, kid. Thing almost got me."

The hero grins. "Follow me."

You directly charge into the fiery buildings because of the protection your suit gives you. Shielding a child with your body, you rush out of the building and set him on the ground.

"Th-thanks, Mr. Hero!"

The hero from before, Haze, nods at you gratefully as he picks up the child. "Good work. What's your hero name, by the way?"

You don't hear him as you move on to the next building.

"Are you alright?" you call as you dig through rubble. From inside, you hear a "Yes!" and then some coughing.

"Please stay where you are." Just as you say that, you get rid of the last piece of stone.

A scream leaves the woman inside as she sees you get slammed to the floor by a Nomu.