[35] Let's!

The final week of June came just like that.

"I DIDN'T STUDY AT ALL!"

Kaminari screamed in horror while Ashido smiled carefreely. You informed Kaminari, "There is a week until the exams."

He ignored you in favor of clutching his head and yelling, "Between the sports festival and the internship, it completely slipped my mind!" You briefly considered violence. That was what Bakugou did whenever someone didn't listen. Actually, he resorted to violence no matter what. Maybe you shouldn't look to him as an example.

Tokoyami had also forgotten. "Indeed..."

Pumping a fist, Midoriya encouraged the two idiots. "Kaminari, Ashido! Let's try the best we can! It'd be great if we can all go to the training camp, right?"

Iida chimed in, "Yes!"

Todoroki chimed in meanly, "Haven't you been attending class? How could you possibly fail?"

Kaminari clutched his shirt this time. "Words hurt, y'know!"

"You two...if it's academics, I could lend you a hand," said class goddess Yaoyorozu.

"Momo!!"

"The practical exam," she continued in a small voice, "is a different story..."

Jiro, Sero, and Ojiro flocked to her. You watched, wondering whether you should take up the open offer as well.

When Yaoyorozu found your blank stare, she smiled warmly.

Your eyes widened. For a second there, she looked just like Melissa...

Wandering over, you asked for help and Ojiro raised a brow.

"Eh? You need help, [L/n]?"

Yaoyorozu said gently, "Just because he does well doesn't mean he doesn't need help."

Ojiro sheepishly rubbed his neck. "Ah, right..." He looked up at you. "Sorry about that."

"Besides," began Sero, "he's a bit stupid anyway. Heheh."

"I--don't be mean!" cried Yaoyorozu.

"I'm not stupid."

"You are. Just a little." Sero poked your nose with a cheeky grin.

"I am not--"

Jokingly waving an arm between the two of you, Jiro chided, "Save this for later, boys."

Today you sat with Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki, Asui, Uraraka, and Hagakure for lunch. They were discussing the final while you listened silently.

"The academic tests'll just draw from what we learned in class. That's manageable..." murmured Midoriya. "But the practical? That's scarier, since we have no idea how it'll go."

Iida hummed. "I can't imagine it will consist of anything particularly unusual."

Paling, Uraraka muttered, "So, about the academic subjects being manageable..." She ranked 14th out of 21 students. You placed sixth.

As the others continued discussion, you suggested to her, "You should ask Yaoyorozu for help."

Uraraka jumped. She wasn't expecting you of all people to talk to her. "Yeah, I'll consider that." Though you two were on decent terms now, she couldn't quite forget that time you tried to kill actual people.

The brunette glanced over at Hagakure. She didn't think the other girl had forgotten either.

"Ouch!"