[20] My Power

"[L/n]."

You turned from Kirishima to see Todoroki, who stood at the infirmary's doorway.

"Hi, dearie." Recovery Girl didn't look up from her work. "Are you injured?"

"No..." Cold, dual-colored eyes never moved from your own. "I'd like a word with [L/n]."

Recovery Girl nodded and you got up from the stool you'd been sitting on.

"I'm gonna make this quick, so listen up." Todoroki leaned against the wall opposite of you. You gave him a nod and his upper lip twitched in disdain.

"You.. aren't worthy of being here."

"Why is that?"

God, he hated how unaffected you were by someone else's anger. Not even Bakugou could faze you.

His eyes narrowed as he said, "You won't make it as a Hero if you're so scared of hurting people. Other than that, all you do is defend. You're going to die if that's all you know how to do."

Todoroki pushed off the wall and began to walk towards the tunnel. "Good luck."

You realized just now that this match would be him versus Midoriya. "Good luck, Todoroki."

You peeked into the infirmary to see Uraraka missing.

"She woke up already, dearie."

"I will be leaving now." You promptly left and headed towards the stands.

"—all you do is defend. You're going to die if that's all you know how to do."

You shook your head.

You are incorrect, Todoroki. I am capable of offense.

I am not going to die, either. If Melissa says I cannot, then I absolutely will not.

You paused by the prep room when you heard soft cries.

Rapping a knuckle on the door, you waited for a response.

Who is crying inside..?

You heard the sound of someone's hip colliding into a table and then a weak sigh. The door swung open to reveal a puffy-eyed Uraraka.

"Hey, [L/n]... Let's go watch Deku's match." She walked past you, a weak smile on her face.

You blinked. "Your eyes are akin to Melissa's when is she is finished crying."

Uraraka squeaked and jumped into the air. Turning her head over her shoulder, she wheezed, "You got me.."

"Why have you been crying?" You approached her and raised your hands. "The temperature and material of my hands will be able to reduce the puffiness of your eyes."

"Just like a metal spoon.." She managed to let out a small snort and your chest became warm. Closing her eyes, Uraraka sheepishly mumbled, "Thanks, [L/n]."

You lightly pressed your thumbs to her eyes. "You are welcome."

"Has the match started yet..?" Uraraka entered the stands with you following after her. Iida shook his head in response. You sat down to Iida's left and Uraraka took the right.

"Ah! Your eyes are a little red, Uraraka!" Iida straightened up in alarm. "Hurry up and go see Recovery Girl!"

"I already did. This is from.. something else."

You weren't able to reduce the redness that much, but at least her eyes weren't too puffy anymore.

"Something else..? You're not having the best of days.."