[41] Thank Goodness

Despite the happy ending to the battle, not all was well.

You slowly began to hunch over. [E/c] rings dimmed and sweat poured from your head.

The adrenaline was fading.

Having aged three years in thirty hours and fought real villains not long after waking up, you'd been running on fumes since the very start. The only thing holding you up at this point was your sturdy right leg.

"We should get back," said Midoriya. He turned to smile at you and Melissa only to see your left knee buckle.

He immediately caught you. "[L/n]!"

"[Name]!" cried Melissa.

You felt like you were underwater. Sand shifted beneath your skin.

Midoriya thought quickly. He lowered you to the ground and put one hand under your head to cushion it. "Melissa, please lift his legs! We need to get blood to his head!"

"Right!" The girl dropped to her knees beside you. With great effort, she propped up your legs using heaps of scrap metal.

All Might and David heard the commotion.

The latter stretched a weak hand in your direction. "[Name]...!"

When All Might tried to go get you, he coughed up blood. "Damn it! Damn it all!"

"What's wrong!?" Iida yelled from below.

Midoriya took his eyes off you for only a moment. "[L/n] fainted!"

Kirishima gasped. "[L/n] fainted!?"

"We need to get him to a hospital!" said Jiro. She pulled out her phone.

Yaoyorozu intertwined her fingers by her chest. "I hope he'll be okay...!"

Grumpy expression unchanging, Bakugou glanced from Midoriya to the faint outline of your body. He figured it had something to do with your rapid aging.

Red eyes narrowed.

Who exactly were you? To be able to receive such a treatment...

Back at the heap, Melissa rolled up your right sleeve. She grabbed your hand to take a look at an indicator on the back of it. "It doesn't say he's overheating..."

And then her heart dropped.

"It's fatigue! I should've known!" Melissa's hand tightened on yours as tears filled her eyes. "He'd only just woken up from the treatment! He never should've come...!"

Midoriya rapidly shook his head. "Don't blame yourself, Melissa! [L/n] wouldn't want that."

Shedding a few tears, Melissa forced herself to smile. "You're right. I'm sorry."

They looked up when Iida arrived in a cloud of dust.

"Jiro is currently contacting evacuation services." Iida kneeled down to get a better look at you. "Have you confirmed exactly what's wrong?"

Melissa quickly wiped her eyes. "For now, it's just fatigue. He was fine just a minute ago..."

"I may be of some help."

Todoroki appeared on a trail of ice, stoic as ever. He stepped off of it, and like Iida, he got on one knee.

Midoriya perked up. "Right, your ice!"

"Good thinking!" Iida nodded in approval. "Let's wrap the ice in cloth. It'll hurt him if we put it directly on his skin."

Melissa was just about to tear her dress when Todoroki shrugged off the rest of his tattered top. He ripped a piece and wrapped it around a chunk of his ice.