Escape Room (Part Three)

Sayaka gasped at the arm lunged at her and narrowly dodged it.

However, the arm set its sights on a new target and grabbed Kirari instead.

"Huh?" Kirari said in surprise before her lips curled into a smirk. "Oh my......how unexpected!"

The eccentric woman seemed to be enjoying this, while her wife looked pissed by this new ordeal.

"Kirari!" Sayaka cried.

No one was allowed to take Kirari away from her. And Kirari knew that.

Kirari nodded while smiling. It seemed she knew that in order to be rescued, she needed to get her wife angry.

"Oh my, perhaps someone will try to get married with me in secret once I'm out of here," Kirari sighed dramatically. "Whatever shall I do?"

Her eyes glinted as Sayaka's expression darkened.

In a rush of adrenaline, Sayaka grabbed the robotic arm and snapped the machinery in half. Sparks of electricity flew from the broken part of the machinery, one of them accidentally leaving a small burn on the back of her hand.

Kirari laughed. "How intriguing!" She stepped forward and kissed her wife passionately. "You never fail to amaze me, my dear lily."

She tilted her head at the burn, eyes darkening slightly before kissing it and guiding Sayaka along to inspect the broken machinery.

"Now, what shall we do with this?"

*****

Ririka woke up on the ground, covered by a nice warm blanket and her head nestled on a soft, fluffy pillow.

Opening her eyes blearily, the fatigued woman scanned her surroundings and eventually found a man sitting on a chair.

His face was beaten quite badly and he was restrained by ropes and chains to the chair which then dug deep into the ground.

Ririka's face paled at this sight. Was she going to suffer the same fate?

No! She couldn't! Her children and wife were waiting for her. Moreover, she had just celebrated her birthday days before and didn't want to die on her birthday month.

Just then, a familiar small voice came from behind Ririka.

"Auntie?"

*****

A few more minutes passed and the group finally proceeded to the last room. By then, Sayaka was evidently exhausted. She leaned on Kirari heavily and the only thing preventing her knees from buckling was her wife's arm around her waist, supporting her.

"Mary, can you do the remaining puzzles? You're quite logical," Sayaka mumbled. "I just...need a break..."

It seemed that all the dramatic events that had taken place earlier, starting from being knocked out in the first place and being separated from her children till now had finally caught up to Sayaka.

Closing her eyes, she fell into a deep slumber.

Kirari carried her wife in her arms and gestured at Mary with her head to proceed.

"I'll help too Mary-chan!" Yumeko squealed excitedly. "Oh my, what if this button kills me? Or will this one? Or this one?!" Bending down slowly in feverish exhilaration, Yumeko's face turned red with anticipation as she cupped her face with her hands and let out a giggle. "What consequences await us, I wonder? This is going to be one of the best moments of my life! The thirll...the anticipation...will anyone else be snatched away? Will the people snatched away be killed? Will we reunite in the end? I can feel myself being filled with effervescence!"

The dark-haired girl continued to ramble on with rapture as her face lit up even more with sheer ebullience.

Ryota sighed as he shook his head and continued to help Mary with the puzzle.

"Damn it, this would've been a piece of cake for Sayaka," Mary cursed externally as she clenched her fists and narrowed her eyes, trying her utmost best to focus.

Kirari watched on with amusement for the next few minutes before she seemed to grow bored and set her beloved down on the ground gently. Striding towards Mary and Ryota, Kirari hummed mindlessly as she keyed in a set of numbers effortlessly.

The gears of the puzzle turned and the wall opened to reveal more puzzles.

"You could've helped us from the beginning?!" Mary yelled at Kirari in frustration.

Kirari tilted her head in that same annoying manner and smirked. "Well, I can't just leave my precious wife on the ground for so long, can I? Moreover, it was thrilling to watch the stress from you two." She walked back to her wife and picked her up, stroking her hair tenderly. "The tension in the air made me so excited! Fascinating how life and death situations can have nuances of euphoria and exhilaration!"

Yumeko nodded. "Indeed! Birds of a feather flock together!"

"You......! You could've helped us too?!" Mary growled, trying not to beat the shit out of her two insufferable companions.

"Well......" Yumeko replied sheepishly. "I guess?"

"I assume I'm going to solve the rest by myself? Together with Ryota?"

Kirari chuckled and turned her attention to her wife, smirking as she answered.

"Well, what are you waiting for then?"