Future

Credits to: @JJ5125 for this wonderful idea!

*****

"Yuri! Your daughter is causing trouble again! Can you get Areta or something?!" Sayaka called as she struggled to make the toddler sit down. The toddler had sliced the dining table in half with her razor sharp claws and the servants were in the midst of repairing it with magic.

The toddler stared at her grandmother with her beautiful teal eyes, clear as a diamond. "No, don't give me that, or I'll let Grandma Kirari have a staring match with you. You wouldn't want that, would you?"

The toddler, who was named Syuri, grumbled and flopped down onto the couch, sharing an exasperated look with her twin sister. Much like her name, which meant 'dignity' or 'coolness', she was very much calm and composed most of the time, inheriting her mother and grandmother's eccentric genes.

This was extremely evident in her name itself. Her genius half Greek half Japanese mother, Areta, decided to name her after her other mother, Sayuri. Syuri didn't complain though, at least she didn't get her sister's name.

It seemed that the Momobami Clan was going to be filled with generations of twin girls. It was an extraordinary yet magnificent sight, to see twin girls being born continuously.

Syuri gestured at her twin sister to help her, but was ignored.

Her twin sister had Areta's dark blue hair and Sayuri's dark violet eyes.

Syuri, who had grey hair and teal eyes, looked extremely similar to her Grandmother Kirari, while her sister looked like...not Grandmother Sayaka.

Her sister, Syuka, got their worse name, in her opinion. It meant 'dream', 'illusion' and 'fulfilling'. Well, thanks to her name, she was always in her own world, daydreaming and now one really knew what she was thinking. She seemed to be satisfied whenever she completed one of her imaginary tasks and was quite close to her Grandmother Kirari.

Syuka shook her head vigorously at her her sister. She wasn't a fan of risks, and preferred to take the safer route. Ignoring her sister.

"Hm, seems like Syuka will get her food first then," Kirari chuckled as she strode towards her granddaughter and picked her up using her Kitsune tails.

Syuka let out a terrified squeal as she was lifted off the ground, reminding the grey-haired woman very much of her wife.

Syuri made an angry noise, her fur standing up and her claws sharpening. She wanted her food too, after all.

"Okay, will you be good and sit down with your sister?" Sayaka said, ever so gently.

Syuri nodded, retracting her claws as a gesture of temporary peace.

Sayaka smiled and released her, letting her run to her sister, whom Kirari sat back down on the other side of the couch.

"They're adorable, aren't they?" Kirari mused as she sat beside Sayaka and pecked her on the cheek.

The two still maintained the same youthful appearance that they had when they were married, and Kirari still had her mischievous character, teasing Sayaka and enjoying seeing her blush after all these years.

"Yea, they are. Compared to Yori's children, they're angels," Sayaka sighed.

Thanks to Sayori's chaotic nature, her children were—to put it simply—beasts.

Well, one of them was. The other was more docile.

It seemed that every pair of twins had a chaotic one and a peaceful one, mirroring Kirari and Ririka general natures.