Pups (Part Two)

The group of toddlers hid as Kirari and Sayaka strode out of the room and headed outside for a picnic.

Instantly, Mari leaped into the room and lunged straight for the gem.

Sayuri growled and grabbed her cousin with her Kitsune tails and flinging her to the other side of the room.

Mari groaned and got up, wiping blood from her nose. She glared at her cousin, seething.

"You're going pay."

"No take gem!" Sayuri snapped.

Their argument seemed so adorable due to their incomplete sentences and cute facial expressions.

Mari's tails swiped Sayuri's tails away. She charged towards her cousin and began to engage in a fight with her.

"Mhm, how interesting," Sayori giggled before her face darkened when Mari's tails hit Sayuri's face.

Mauri also seemed displeased when Sayuri swiped back at Mari.

Before long, all four children were engaged in the fight.

Meanwhile, Yumekui made some tea for Yurari and herself and sat down nearby, spectating the fight.

"Hm! I bet Yuri and Yori win," Yumekui chuckled, her sentence adorably incomplete.

"Well...then I guess I'll have no choice but bet on Mari and Mauri," Yurari replied, as her brain struggled to string together a complete sentence.

They continued to watch and started to get bored.

"Maybe we go somewhere else," Yurari sighed.

"Think so too," Yumekui agreed.

Suddenly——

A loud crash was heard.

The duo turned and were utterly flabbergasted to see Sayuri engulfed in flames.

The little Kitsune immediately unleashed a loud wail.

"MAMA!!!"

*****

"I wonder how the children are doing," Sayaka wondered.

"Hm, playing games with the others, I can imagine," Kirari replied.

Sayaka lay with her head on Kirari's lap, with Kirari's arm around her.

"They won't get into any trouble right?"

"I doubt it——" Kirari froze as she felt cold chills down her spine.

Sensing her wife's change in mood, Sayaka looked up at her worriedly.

"What's wrong?"

"I think they are in trouble," Kirari said. "They're in the lounge, where we were just now."

A few seconds later, they heard a loud wail.

"MAMA!!!"

Sayaka got up immediately, with Kirari scrambling after her.

"Yuri, I'm coming!" Sayaka exclaimed as she started to run back before Kirari grabbed her and scooped her up into her arms.

"I believe teleporting is faster, darling," Kirari said, winking before she transported them both to where their children were.