Chapter 22: Fall of a Symbol

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw Issei and Göndul prepare for the party as they saw Miyuki desiring to join them, after some banter, Issei agrees for Miyuki to join in as well, as this would cause even more doubt and disruption in the party, they then soon teleport. Meanwhile, at the party the devils were getting ready for the introduction of the new devils, as they all watched in anticipation, their fun was cut short when Issei along with Göndul showed up. The atmosphere was tense, however none dared to stop either Göndul or Issei, because of how dangerous the latter was. Zeus and Sona hated his inclusion, but were silenced, especially after knowing what he is capable of, and how cruel he can get. Odin was slightly amused seeing Issei act like this, as they accepted and they began the process of the devils. They saw how Stella, Mio, Iryuka, Claire, Quinella, Charlie and finally Miyuki appeared one by one to the party. As Sirzechs asks Issei about Miyuki Sitri, he decided to let Miyuki tell the truth to everyone, which shocks and horrifies many, as they were disgusted in Sona and Serafall's actions, but before Sirzechs could speak anything, the leader of the council Wilbert Naruse tells Sona to leave the party as she would have ruined everything, her fate would be decided at a later time. Sirzechs then apologises to the leaders as he continues with the celebration. While Göndul and Issei were discussing the factions, they understood things will be getting intense knowing that they are at a short leash. Furthermore, Ravel and Claire were discussing on what should be done, as Ravel thinks everything will be solved by defeating Malak, but it was not easy, and even if they somehow manage to defeat him, things will only escalate to a worse status once this whole controversy is over, at the same time, Iryuka talks to Latia, who ignores her completely due to her inaction at what happened at the meeting, as she refused to contact with anyone. Iryuka promises to visit her, as Latia does not care, she goes to Seekvaira, as they were happy to know that Issei was a good person. They watch the party, as Sirzechs begins the test. Meanwhile, the director of Kuoh watches in horror as time starts to tick.

Grand Party, Lucifer Territory, Underworld, 10:30 PM

Issei and Göndul watch as the girls prepare to enter the rooms, as they do, they converse for a while.

"We wait, the four girls will prepare us for the real fun.." Issei spoke with a smile, to which Göndul nods, she watched with intent, she then spoke

"So what do you suggest?" Issei shook his head on Göndul's question, as he spoke

"Not now, we are being watched..." Issei spoke seriously, as he eyed the elders of the Devil Council and Zeus, both of whom were worried about what he would do next.

To the Elders, Issei was unpredictable and cold blooded, because of his ruthless tendencies, as well as his cold hearted nature, he did not care what happened to them, as they were not his problems anymore. They were always conceited, haughty and arrogant in nature, as they looked down upon reincarnated, low and middle class devils, even some half devils were no exceptions, the only reason Valery, Ingvild, Charlotte and Quinella were exceptions was because they were related to the four Satans.

As for Zeus, he hated Issei, not because of his ruthlessness, but because of him, he lost Athena completely, along with losing almost every support from his own faction. He was happy that Artemis had returned, but he blamed Issei, primarily for putting him in this situation. To him, Issei was the source of all of his problems, and he wanted to make him pay.