ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sɪx

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxᴠɪ | 026we could be romancing the night away — slow dancing by v ❦

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxᴠɪ | 026
we could be romancing the night away — slow dancing by v

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀 stood side by side, waiting for jacob to show up with the boys they desperately needed to see. they were in the middle of the woods where it was quiet. no animal in sight, no person in sight, no other being in sight, except for them.

"do you think they'll come?" vanessa quietly asked, sofia turned towards her with sympathy in her eyes. "of course they'll come, they love us too much." she joked, causing her best friend to chuckle as she nodded.

as they stood around, waiting for anything to happen, they heard a leave crack. they quickly turned their heads, and were met with three large wolves.

jacob, quil, and embry.

the girls stayed quiet, not really knowing what to do. jacob took that as his chance to leave, wanting the four of his friends to handle their business on their own. sofia stayed frozen, staring into embry's brown eyes until she ripped them away to turn towards a nervous vanessa.

"y'all go this way, me and embry will go over there." she said to her friend. vanessa quickly nodded, and walked towards the side that sofia previously pointed at, with quil right behind her.

sofia watched them walk away before turning towards embry. who suddenly had clothes and a pair of shoes in his mouth. dammit, he actually wants to talk. that was not sofia's plan.

either way, she walked away before spotting a place that was enough to leave a good amount of space between her and vanessa. she sat down beside a tree, waiting for embry to phase back into his human form. she soon heard footsteps approach her, and felt a body sit next to hers, but she never looked, she just looked ahead.

they both sat quietly for a couple minutes, shoulders touching as they enjoyed the beautiful nature around them. sitting next to each other with no words shared was helping sofia's body get stronger, as well as embry's.

embry slowly turned towards sofia, who was looking at the three right in front of them. "how have you been?" he softly asked, causing her to finally turn her head to look at him. "i've been better, you?" she responded, making embry's eyes light up a bit.

"same." he said, not knowing what else to say. the air around them turned quiet again, none of them muttering a word as they turned ahead again.

"i'm sorry. i'm so, so sorry." he suddenly spoke up, sofia listened but didn't answer. "i know what i did was wrong, but please understand me when i say that i don't wanna go against them, i don't wanna go against you, sofi."

"you don't have to embry." she said sternly, making embry shut up. "look at jake, seth and leah. they left, because they had a choice, and so do you. so do all of you, but y'all choose to not listen to anything. you all wanna kill bella and the cullens instead of trying to understand that this baby maybe won't cause any danger." sofia said, standing up.

embry quickly stood up as well, "baby—"

"don't."

embry stared, a bit hurt. "sofia. you have to understand that sam isn't thinking right, you think he wants to hurt y'all? he doesn't! but that's what he thinks is right."

"then change his mind embry! you can't just let him murder the cullens when they're caught off guard!" sofia said, loudly this time. "sofia, we've tried! everyone has tried! quil, jared, paul, me and even emily! just please, understand that i'm not doing this because i want to!" he pleaded, continuing to follow sofia as she was trying to walk away from him.

"at this point, it seems like you do." she muttered, not expecting him to hear. but he did, and he was mad.

"hey! sofi! listen to me!" he shouted, taking a hold of her wrist to turn her towards him. their chest collided together, their eyes glaring at each other, until sofia did the one thing she's been needing to do ever since he sat next to her.

she grabbed his collar, pulled him down, and smashed their lips together. embry eyes widened, but quickly kissed back. he took his chance and lifted sofia up against a tree so she could wrap her legs around his waist.

they both sighed contently as they felt their body stop aching. their hearts stopped hurting. they felt their strength come back as they continue touching and kissing. they pulled away when they heard vanessa's voice.

"sofi! embry! stop making out and let's go!" the best friend shouted, even though she wasn't close to them, she got her strong senses back so she knows that the pair are doing some nasty business.

the witch and the werewolf let go of each other before silently walking towards a smirking vanessa and quil. sofia noticed that vanessa's lips were swollen, as well as quil's. "y'all cannot be talking." sofia said, making vanessa chuckle.

all four walked toward the treaty line, thankfully none of the others were there. they all stared at each other, expecting someone to talk. sofia rolled her eyes, not being able to endure the quietness any longer. "we need a plan, and thankfully, we already have one." she said,
making embry look at her questionably.

"sam needs to think that y'all are still okay with the whole "killing bella" plan, which y'all are not, or i will kill y'all." embry and quil's face dropped as sofia's words as vanessa nodded in agreement. "jacob is talking to paul and jared right now to distract them so the cullens can finally hunt. y'all need to go back now and make some excuse on why y'all aren't there."

this time vanessa spoke up, "me and sofia will go back to stay with bella. now that we're strong enough, we can see the babies future, we can show sam and everything will finally be okay." the shapeshifters nodded at their girlfriends words. they tightly hugged their witches, showing a sign of support.

"be okay mama, okay?" sofia smiled at embry's words. "okay, you too honey."

"i love you."

"i love you more."

★★★

when sofia and vanessa were a couple feet away from the cullen house, they heard screams.

bella's screams to be exact.

they both stared at each other in shock before running inside. when they made it to where everybody else was, they were met with alice dragging rosalie out of the room. they saw bella screaming in pain, edward trying to figure out what to do and jacob and jungkook trying to calm her down.

"we're strong again, we can help her." vanessa told sofia before sofia nodded in agreement. they ran towards the bed before getting position.

vanessa was on the right said of the be while jungkook was on the left, and sofia was at the foot of the small bed.

"y'all ready?" sofia asked both of the nervous witches.

"i think so."

⁺˚ ♰ ༝☆₊˚♰ ༝