21-22

Chapter 21 Escape

Lian Yu used her ears to carefully observe the movements within a few dozen feet, and led the master and servant Yunliu to walk through the deserted streets.

It was late at night and the city gate was closed. If you wanted to go out of the city, you had to wait until tomorrow.

But tomorrow when the Wu Mansion incident occurs, there will be full martial law and massive manhunts. It will be even more difficult to get out of the city.

Yunliu felt uneasy in her heart, and followed Lian Yu's footsteps in the darkness, running non-stop under the moonlight.

After walking for about half an hour, Lian Yu stopped outside a remote and dilapidated courtyard.

The courtyard wall is low and the house is dilapidated. A large branch in the courtyard covers the entire courtyard with lush leaves. A gust of autumn wind blows through, causing the leaves to fly and make a rustling sound.

On a night like this, the house looks even more gloomy and scary.

Yun Liu and Huang Ying leaned closely together, watching Lian Yu skillfully climb up the wall.

The wall is not high, only reaching the top of Yunliu's head. An ordinary man can basically jump over it, but in front of Yunliu, who has been pampered, there is a chasm.

She mustered up her courage, grabbed the wall with both hands, and was about to climb up. Lian Yu suddenly turned around, grabbed her arm, and whispered: "Don't make a sound, I'll pull you over." 

After saying that, she lifted Yunliu up from the outside of the wall and put it inside the wall. With the same movement, Huang Ying was pulled in again, and then she jumped down.

At this time, Yun and Liu truly felt Lian Yu's power, and looked at her with curiosity and inquiry.

Lian Yu didn't pay much attention to the emotional changes between the two of them. After getting off the wall, she began to search from room to room, stepping and tapping on the ground, as if he was looking for something.

What she was looking for was a secret passage leading outside the city.

This secret was heard from two water bandits who were plotting to meet up in Chunxiang Courtyard.

The two physical characteristics of the maid whom I told Wu Mansion before were also the water bandit leader I met by chance in the courtyard.

The Flower House is a place where filth and evil gather in this world, and it is also a place where information gathers. It is no wonder that for thousands of years, big shots have used this kind of place as an intelligence center.

She only heard that the secret passage was underground in this abandoned house, but she didn't know where it was exactly. Now she could only search for it inch by inch.

Yun and Liu quietly followed her all the way, trying not to disturb her.

After they followed Lian Yu to the third room and arrived at the woodshed, they finally heard a sound that was completely different from before. The sound after knocking was quiet and empty, and the bottom was empty.

They all had excited smiles on their faces.

Lian Yu pushed aside the tangled branches and twigs on it, and carefully touched the ground with her fingers. She touched a protrusion, picked it up hard, and lifted it up. A secret passage as big as the mouth of a well appeared in front of her.

She took out a fire stick and a candle from her arms and lit them. Holding the burning candle, she walked down first. Next is Yunliu, and finally Huangying.