165-166

Chapter 165 Turn around and go back

The team marched smoothly for two days. Before setting off on the morning of the third day, Xiao Jiyue watched Fan Yong's guards deliver the news, but she did not reveal it. As if she had discovered nothing, she continued to mount her horse and set off.

In the first two days, Fan Yong saw Xiao Jiyue's stunning appearance and tried to come up to talk to her. However, after being beaten and tied up several times, he stopped approaching her and concluded that Xiao Jiyue was a bastard. The inhumane and cold-faced Yaksha developed a favorable impression of Xiao Qingai, who came to him every time to untie him, deliver food, and apply medicine.

On this day, after the team had walked more than ten miles out of the city, Xiao Jiyue looked at the mountains ahead and stopped the team.

There is a road between two mountains. This kind of road is the easiest place to be ambushed. Logically speaking, the bride-to-be team carries dowry and has a heavy load, and there are bandits and bandits coveting it. This kind of road should be avoided. It seems that Jiangnan Road has it. This road was specially arranged for them.

"Tie Yong, take a thousand people with you and follow me to explore the road ahead." Xiao Jiyue ordered, "All the remaining people, rest where they are and protect Miss Six."

Jiangnan Liguan stopped in front of Xiao Jiyue's horse and advised: "Miss Xiao Qi, if you waste time like this and miss your trip, you won't be able to get to your next accommodation. We have arranged the road ahead and sent it one day in advance. People have checked it out, there won't be any problems."

"You check yours, and I'll check mine. We won't get in the way." Xiao Jiyue looked at him and said, "If you and he can't wait, just leave first. My people want to stay and rest."

After saying that, she walked to Xiao Que again and whispered: "Before I come back, don't let anyone get close to Miss Sixth."

"Yes, Miss, I will definitely live up to my trust."

After Xiao Jiyue left, two thousand soldiers were left, surrounding Xiao Qingai's carriage and dowry carriage, while Jiangnan's wedding team and Fan Yong's master and servant were isolated outside.

The guard asked curiously: "Master, why don't you go and stop Miss Xiao Qi? What if the ambush in front of her is discovered if she brings someone to investigate?"

"It's easier to do when they find out. After they clear the ambush, they will relax their vigilance and move forward. But they never imagined that there are still several ambush waiting in front, which will catch them off guard." Fan Yong laughed softly and said, "Don't they know how many ambushes there are in this mountain? Haha, even I don't know how many there are."

"It's a pity that the two beauties are going to die. Dad's idea of ​​bringing the beauties back will be in vain."

Xiao Jiyue led a thousand people and walked forward for another five miles. He tied a few horses in the woods, then left the road, hid in the woods and continued moving forward.

Just as Fan Yong said, there are more than one party ambushed in the mountains and forests. Although each party only has a few hundred people, there are thousands of people in total.

She didn't know whether these people were acting independently and happened to bump into each other, or whether they acted together because they knew they had many guards and one party couldn't eat them.

However, this is no different for Xiao Jiyue. She likes this kind of situation where multiple forces come together. The more people and factions there are, the more space there is to maneuver.