125-126

Chapter 125 Cousin is here.

The property collected from Du Mansion, except for some treasures and antiques that could not be sold immediately, had all been exchanged for copper coins and escorted to the Shouzhou Camp by Feishuang's leader.

Xiao Jiyue is very short of money now. Not just her, but everyone on the road to struggle for power is also very short of money.

Money is the lowest and easiest stepping stone to open the door to power.

She regarded Huainan as her property, so how could she tolerate Guangzhou's private tax deductions?

Of course, in addition to being short of money, they are also very short of people, lack of useful people, and lack of useful people.

The next day, Xiao Jiyue summoned his brother's old subordinates. After Xiao Jiling's suppression, not to mention those who stayed in the officialdom, there were very few people still in Huainan.

Four years ago, she didn't need to worry about these mundane things, and naturally she didn't know these people. Most of them were found by Xiao Que.

Xiao Jiyue was sitting in the small flower hall where affairs were discussed in the mansion, looking at the dozens of people sitting there.

Their clothes may be simple or gorgeous, and they have completely blended into the market.

They communicated with each other, reminiscing about the spirit of following the eldest son in the past, and complaining about the helplessness and decadence of running for a living now.

Seeing that her emotions were almost aroused, Xiao Jiyue smiled and said: "You are all people with lofty ideals. My brother cherishes you. I value you as much as my brother." The middle of the flower hall suddenly became quiet, everyone looked up, waiting for her? Continue talking.

"Although I am a woman, I also want to inherit my brother's legacy and continue to do what he has not finished. In this world, I want to protect the people and guard the pure land." "I am alone in the end. We are small, and what we can do is limited. You all have the ideal of reassuring the people, but I don't know if you are willing to stay and help me?" 

"Of course, I know that you already have. In order to have a stable life and a bright future, if you want to stay at home to raise your children, we can get together and part ways. I have prepared a parting gift for you on behalf of my brother, which has sealed a fate." She said.

After finishing speaking, some of them looked at me and I looked at you, but there was no one there who immediately made a sound.

Xiao Jiyue said with a smile: "Everyone, I haven't seen you for a long time. Let's take this opportunity to get together. I have something else to do, so I'll go ahead and entertain you for a short time. Please forgive me." Xiao Que accompanied Xiao Jiyue out of the flower hall, walk towards Zhuoyu Garden.

In the flower hall, the maids and servants immediately set the table and served a sumptuous meal and fine wine.

"Miss, why are you so polite to them?"

"Well, why don't you wait a while? Don't be too harsh." Xiao Jiyue warned, "After all, it's someone who has been with my brother, and has been implicated by my brother and me. Having been trained by Xiao Jiling, it doesn't necessarily mean that everyone wants to return to officialdom." 

"Besides, not everyone can agree with women showing up and intervening in political affairs. Those who don't agree with me will be forced to stay. It's not easy to use. You can be polite to them later and deliver the gifts. If you want to keep them, I will come to Xiao Mansion to find you tomorrow."